Help me decide between Jambo and Kidani

We haven't stayed at Jambo but have visited it many times, and we stayed at Kidani last October. The gift shop at Kidani has a refill machines and also sells hot breakfast sandwiches in the mornings. They have a decent selection of grocery items as well and have some muffins, etc. We visited the Mara on our arrival night (it was ok) but then only went back to Jambo to eat at Boma. We ordered groceries through Garden Grocer and ate breakfast in our villa (really no cooking involved except heating up bagels, etc). We don't like to take time in the mornings to eat a lot for breakfast anyway, except on our departure day. We did do TH for breakfast/lunch and loved it!

We stayed at Kidani for 10 nights in April and LOVED it. It felt more intimate and my boys and their cousins loved the pool. If I were to choose again, I think I'd go with Kidani again because of the buses. They were packed and there were times we filled all the way up at Kidani and totally skipped the Jambo stop. I don't know that I would want to take that chance...

For my family, we only stay in Jambo. We like being in the building with a better variety of restaurants. Kidani is a long way walk to Jambo in the heat. It's a matter of convenience.

I much prefer the 1BR at Kidani compared to Jambo. The studios are pretty much even. I don't like the bathroom design at Jambo. I really like the separate shower and tub. I also like the second BR. My son uses that one, and I don't have to deal with his messiness for the week. Not being close to Mara doesn't ever bother us in the least, though. We have breakfast in the room. There is a complete kitchen there. We just get breakfast supplies. We have family in the area, though, and so, we always rent a car so we can visit family. This last trip, we stayed Club level in a studio at Jambo. Even though the Mara was a quick elevator ride from our room we went to Mara a grand total of once the entire week, and that was because it was late, we hadn't eaten dinner, and were having trouble deciding what we wanted to do. We ended up doing activities at Kidani, so, actually, made two trips to Kidani. There is a door to door shuttle if you don't want to walk, but, it is only a 10 min walk either way.

They are both amazing. We have stayed at both and love both for different reasons.
Jambo is more exciting and has the wow factor. Kidani has the extra bathrooms, fun pool..
One thing I didn't see mentioned was the community room (can't remember actual name sorry) at kidani - my kids love going there to do crafts or play video games etc. it's a huge plus.
Someone mentioned the nightly parade being at Jambo. I am sure they also do that at Kidani. The kids activities to earn beads are at both.
This year I found the shuttle between the two to be so quick and constant compared to several years ago. It runs until 11 at night I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter