• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me choose!

mad madam mim78

DIS Veteran
I have a family of 5 and I'm pretty frugal. Which would you choose? By the way I'm making up these prices but it does reflect the actual difference in price.

1 regular room at PoR $300
2 connecting rooms at All Star Movies $600
Family suite at All Star Music $900

Again these are not actual prices. We've stayed at PoR and it was ok but it lacked disney influence that the kids love and had no room to move. It is the cheapest option though. I've never stayed at the other 2. If anyone has any input I would much appreciate it.

For me the deciding factor would be how much time you plan to spend at the resort. When we plan to have resort days, I choose the resort with the amenities that my kids will love. In that case, Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a good fit because it has great pool slides and lots to do and it is a fraction of the cost (we can't afford a wdw deluxe) of onsite (but it is located within WDW property). The full kitchen is a bonus.

If you are not spending much time at the resort, I would go for the least expensive considering the theming that your kids would love. POR may not be as animated, but for us it would be worth it to have the poolslide, etc...

I don't think that I would spend more on two value rooms just for the decor if you don't plan to be in the room more than just to sleep.

Would location be a deciding factor? I believe that you can sleep 5 in a room at the Dolphin. Would your kids prefer a better Disney location over characters on the bedspreads, etc.? I think that the price would be similar to POR.

Good luck with your decision!

I think if it were me and I was trying to go and save some $$, I would consider 2 rooms at a value. The only issue is that connecting rooms are not guaranteed. While it is likely you will get connecting rooms, there is always the small chance that the rooms won't be together. Personally I like to stay at the mods and the deluxe resorts, so I'd rather do that and wait a little longer in between trips to save up to have the trip I want. Have you compared the cost at the Fort Wilderness cabins? I think it's a little more than 2 value rooms, but you would get a kitchen. Also the family suites at the Allstars, are less expensive than the suites at AOA, so I would def compare that too. Hoping you have a wonderful trip!pixiedust:

I know you are making up the prices, but 2 connecting rooms at an all stars resort would not cost double one room at por. I guess I don't understand how to compare without actual prices. Or are you not concerned with price at all just the accommodations in general? I'm confused.....

Look into renting dvc points of a 1 bedroom unit that sleeps 5 such as old key west. It will probably run around $240-$315 or so per night.

I don't understand the pricing thing either, but if you didn't feel POR was Disney enough, then I'd go with 2 rooms at one of the value resorts. They have the loud, in your face big icons, etc. that may be more what your children are looking for.

I don't understand the pricing thing either, but if you didn't feel POR was Disney enough, then I'd go with 2 rooms at one of the value resorts. They have the loud, in your face big icons, etc. that may be more what your children are looking for.

Sorry for the confusion. There's basically a 300 dollar difference between each of my options. PoR being cheapest and family suite being most expensive.

I would do POR because I am cheap, but I also like that resort the best of the ones you listed.

If it were me I would do the family suite at ASMu. I think the extra room would be appreciated and having a kitchenette would be helpful. ;)

Like PPs said. I think it come down to what you want out of your resort.

Good Luck deciding! :)

I would choose the two values. Two bathrooms, two TVs, Four real beds, and the lower price.

I hope you have fun making your decision.

:)

Personally I would get two rooms at POR for a little extra. But have a look at the Dolphin too. Even though it's not Disney themed it is in a brilliant location and shouldn't be too expensive.

We don't much like the values- they aren't as 'pretty' or relaxed as the mods and deluxes. But you and your kids may love them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would choose the two values. Two bathrooms, two TVs, Four real beds, and the lower price.

I hope you have fun making your decision.

:)

That would be my recommendation...especially for the two bathrooms. :thumbsup2

Look into renting dvc points of a 1 bedroom unit that sleeps 5 such as old key west. It will probably run around $240-$315 or so per night.

I second this! You'd be perfectly comfortable in most 1 bedrooms, and all the perks of a deluxe resort. Pricing would be on par with a mod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter