• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me choose...

hisgrl

Earning My Ears
Which dinner show is your favorite? We will be going in Oct. 2012, 4 adults and two kids, 11,13.

Hoop de doo
Spirit of Aloha
Backyard Bar-b-que

I have seen some bad reviews of Aloha and some really good ones of the Hoop Dee Doo...

What do you think?

Hoop de doo is great. My family really enjoys it. I haven't been to the backyard bbq. I think I went to Spirit but if so it was a long time ago and I don't remember it.

For 4 adults plus tween kids, I think HDDR is your best bet. The Backyard BBQ is geared towards a younger crowd, and I think the HDDR is a more entertaining show than the Luau - more of a story line.

I went to the spirit of aloha last year with my family and my sister who was 11 loved it.:lovestruc

We've done the HDD twice and the Luau once.
We love love the HDD and will be returning for our 3rd year in a row!
It's very entertaining. Plus, my DH loves the all you care to drink beer.

We also enjoyed the Luau ... Kids loved it too. I was worried because of all of negative reviews too. But I have to say thay we were pleasantly surprised. It was a wonderful night. We all dressed in Hawaiian dresses/attire which added to the fun. And I recommend attending one of the later shows for the added ambience.
To get our Luau fix this year, we have ADR at 'Ohanas instead :lovestruc

If I had to pick one, I'd say Hoop Dee Doo. But, Luau is worth checking out too! I think the BBQ would be fun.. But I don't like the idea of having to stand in line early for a table...Not sure why they don't have predetermined seating :confused3

Which ever you choose, have a wonderful time!

No question that HDD is the better show of these. You are guaranteed to come out of there singing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter