Help me choose where to stay off-site

jerseypixie

Mouseketeer
We are going on a last minute trip to Orlando and I really need help on picking a resort. My sis and my dad are VERY discriminating, so I need something that is very clean, modern and with lots of amenities/activities.

I narrowed it down to the following:
1) Windsor Hills (received so many email responses confused about which is best:confused3)

2) The Fountains
3) Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
4) Floriday's Resort
5) Palisades Resort

Any help would be appreciated - we are trying to get a reservation for next Friday:scared:

Thank you:)

We'll be heading down for our 6th stay at the Vistana in a couple of weeks.
We rent weeks from owners, and then request one of the refurbed units.
We're very happy there -- mature landscaping, nice units, close to wdw.

To choose the best place you need to look at your schedule and your group: will you be going to the parks each day or do you plan to take a few relaxing days at your "resort"? Kids and ages? Do you let them go to a community pool on your own or will you have to be there watching them?
Windsor Hills has fantastic amenities and the prices have come way down, but for us, we love a private pool home. The kids can be in the pool while we make breakfast and DW and I can sneak out for a dip late while the kids are sleeping.
If your family is fussy, I'd steer clear of Vistana, too many horror stories.

Thank you for the replies:thumbsup2

We will have 2 kids with us (8,9) and we are not going to any of the Disney parks (we are going in November). But instead will concentrate on Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica.

We did get a good price for Vistana but after reading the reviews decided against it.

You might want to consider Vista Cay--it is on Universal Drive about 3-4 miles from Universal, about 1-1/2 miles to Sea World and Aquatica, and 1/2 mile from International Drive. The townhomes and condos are upscale and the resort has the 10,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse like Windsor Hills (same builder) with loads of amenities.

You can find places on www.vistacayrent.com or vrbo or homeaway as well. There is a small management company with about 38 units on site, the website is www.vistacayinorlando.com.

Just another option for you! Let us know what you find!

Sandy

Can't speak for any other resort, but we stayed at the Fountains in April. BEAUTIFUL!!! Spacious rooms, if I remember right, I think granite countertops. Pool was great, grounds were beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay there. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you I will check Vista Cay - we have to make a decision soon!!!

About The Fountains Resort how close to Seaworld and did they have lots of activites for kids? I saw one room on tripadvisor where the furniture was a little outdated-how did you feel about the decor?

If it's 5 minutes from Sea World, I would be surprised. Just down the road from it. The decor was great. We were in a new building, #8, and it was great! Right near the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter