Help me choose! Poly or Ft Wilderness Cabins

Would you stay at Poly or Fort Cabins for Fourth of July?

• Poly

• Fort

Results are only viewable after voting.

MyHappiestPlace

Mouseketeer
I know these are two widely different resorts and thus the reason I'm having such an issue deciding which to choose.

We love love love Fort Wilderness. Huge fans. Stayed there most recently in February for my dd's 10 bday. Only stayed one night since the weather was horrible (freezing cold).

On my bucket list is staying at the Poly during Fourth of July week. Right now I have both a stay at the Poly and a stay at the Fort Cabins on hold. Cost is really not an issue; Poly will be a tad bit more money but again not a huge issue.

My biggest issue is that Ohana is not available for either night we will be staying. This really bums me out. We are not doing theme parks this time; just a very relaxing resort stay.

I know we can do Kona but I really wanted to be able to do Ohana. If we stay at the cabins we can get into to see Hoop Dee Doo but its not Ohana LOL

Another point is the fireworks. I think the view from the Poly will be better than Fort but then again I have not seen Fourth fireworks at the World before.

So help me decide!! A nice tropical-themed stay at Poly or a back-to-nature stay at the Fort?

MyHappiestPlace said:
On my bucket list is staying at the Poly during Fourth of July week.
Cost is really not an issue; Poly will be a tad bit more money but again not a huge issue.
Another point is the fireworks. I think the view from the Poly will be better than Fort but then again I have not seen Fourth fireworks at the World before.

So help me decide!!?

Stay at the Poly and walk up to Ohanas to see if they will squeeze you in. Done.

the view of the fireworks from the beach (or your room) at the Polyn is really wonderful.

that say if you love FW - would stay there - you can't see as much on the beach at FW - but you can see 'em.

so the Calif Grill and O'hana - are both closed? bad timing on someone part.

How about the Luau at the Polyn? is it closed too.

you can stay at the Polyn and go the Hoop Dee Doo at FW - just take the monorail to either the MK or CR and then take the boat to FW.

at the CR the boat is at the marina in the back.

I would choose the Poly. I love FW too, but in my mind the benefit of the cabin is cooking some of your own meals; it's only a short stay and $'s not an issue. . .go tropical.

I would choose Fort Wilderness for a trip that did not include any park time. You can always take the boat to CR and then the monorail to the Poly to watch the fireworks from the beach. There is so much more to do at Fort Wilderness, too, than at the
Poly. I can't imagine staying at the Poly and not wanting to go to MK

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know these are two widely different resorts and thus the reason I'm having such an issue deciding which to choose.

We love love love Fort Wilderness. Huge fans. Stayed there most recently in February for my dd's 10 bday. Only stayed one night since the weather was horrible (freezing cold).

On my bucket list is staying at the Poly during Fourth of July week. Right now I have both a stay at the Poly and a stay at the Fort Cabins on hold. Cost is really not an issue; Poly will be a tad bit more money but again not a huge issue.

My biggest issue is that Ohana is not available for either night we will be staying. This really bums me out. We are not doing theme parks this time; just a very relaxing resort stay.

I know we can do Kona but I really wanted to be able to do Ohana. If we stay at the cabins we can get into to see Hoop Dee Doo but its not Ohana LOL

So help me decide!! A nice tropical-themed stay at Poly or a back-to-nature stay at the Fort?

I voted for the Poly. We've never stayed at FW, but we love the Poly for many reasons. We love the volcano pool with a view of the castle while swimming, the tropical atmosphere is relaxing, and the beach is a great place for watching the fireworks with a short walk back to your room. I think the Poly provides a great atmosphere for a relaxing no park trip :cloud9:. Good luck deciding, but I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter which place you choose :wizard:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter