• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me choose one more restaurant please!

Which would you pick for a 9-year-old girl??

• Whispering Canyon dinner

• Teppan Edo lunch or dinner

• Coral Reef lunch or dinner

• Marrakesh lunch or dinner

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

jcemom

Official Tag Fairy Assistant
DD9 and I need one more restaurant for our February trip. So far we have:

Crystal Palace breakfast
50's Prime Time lunch
Tusker House / Donald's breakfast
Hoop De Doo dinner
Akershus breakfast

We've been to all of those before (except Akershus breakfast, have only tried lunch and dinner there, both of which we liked). We're not too picky and like lots of different foods. Some sort of an entertaining or interesting atmosphere would be better, so DD won't get bored and I can enjoy my meal. We'll be on the DDP, and would prefer lunch or dinner, since we already have a breakfast every other day. There's really no location preference, since we have some "down" time scheduled and can go anywhere on those days. I'd prefer a non-character meal.

I listed some places I've been considering in the poll, but I'm open to suggestions. TIA :goodvibes

Biergarten lunch or dinner.

Cape May dinner, especially if she's a seafood fan.

Boma dinner, especially if you have never poked around the AKL and its animal viewing areas.

Prefer them to any of your original list!

I voted for Coral Reef, but I suggest going for lunch and not dinner. It's a bit more laid back around lunch time and the menu isn't any better at dinner. If you schedule an early or late lunch, you may actually get a partially empty restaurant and find the whole experience to be a little relaxing.

At peak times, it can get very loud and a bit hectic in there, though, so book between noon and 2 PM at your own risk.

IMHO I think the atmosphere at Whispering Canyon would be great for a 9yr old girl. It's a hopping place with alot going on because the wait staff is a lively one!:banana::dance3::cheer2:

I vote for Tepan Edo if you want a truly entertaining meal. We were all adults, but shared a table with a couple with 2 boys her age. It made the meal so much fun! Just watching their faces. It is cooked at the table and truly a Disney style experience. If she likes seafood, the shrimp was very good. Nothing was so exotic that it couldn't be eaten. The entire meal was a joy. The staff was so sweet and made sure everyone had a good time.

We had been there several times and had never been there. It was suggested by the person we took with us. We're going back on the next trip and sharing it with someone else!

If you do decide on Coral Reef, I agree with the above poster going there for lunch rather than dinner. I think Tepan Edo is a bit more personalized though. At our table we had 7 people and were given undivided, continuous attention. Everyone has a front row view.

As long as your DD isn't super shy, she will love Whispering Canyon...I'm not a big fan of Coral Reef, but it would probably keep her occupied while you ate if you felt like WC would be too much for her.

Other options: Ohana and Rainforest Cafe

Wow, thanks for all the replies! :goodvibes

She isn't the least bit shy. We usually do 'Ohana every trip, and she loves it, but the last two times Lipoa wasn't there and she was really disappointed. Lipoa seemed to do a lot more with the kids than the guy who was there instead of her. So, she wants to skip 'Ohana this time.

We're planning to go to Rainforest Cafe on our next trip, late next year. This time we're on the DDP, so we're sticking to DDP restaurants. Next time we'll be paying OOP, so RFC and/or T-Rex will be on our list. We'll also might plan on Boma for that trip, since we'll be staying at AKL. :goodvibes

It seems like Whispering Canyon, Teppan Edo and Coral Reef are all good choices, and Biergarten as well. I still don't know which one to pick for this trip though, lol. :laughing:

A favorite for us is Whispering Canyon. DSS15 grew up going there and DS6 likes going there too. Me, I love the BBQ and coleslaw. Kids love the bottomless shakes. It's rowdy and the kids can be crazy and have fun which is a nice break from having to endure all the grown up TS choices.

Coral Reef for lunch or early dinner after a visit to The Living Seas is on my trip planner for our next visit. The room is lovely - like sitting inside a fish tank.....kids love it too!

My GD 8, would be so dissappointed, as would my DH, if we did not go to Ohana. I tried for two weeks to get a ressie before 9:30 and almost gave up. Of course every girl should get to eat at the castle at least once.

Now someone help me with one two more restaurant for an 8yr girl and a meat and potatoes man. :headache:

Oh and of the ones listed in the pole, we ate at Whispering Canyon last summer and none of us were impressed, and the service was so slow. Loved staying at the Lodge, though.

We skipped it this year but my 10 year old DD has always loved to look at the tanks at Coral Reef. One year there were divers in the tank who played with her through the window.

I voted WCC...
but wanted to throw in Biergarten or Ohana as choices also

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter