Help me choose my hotel for Disneyland....Motel 6?

Aundreya

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to Disneyland for August 20-25. (those dates are still flexible but that's the plan for now) I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible without staying somewhere nasty lol. I originally booked us for the Days Inn Anaheim West, but after reading several reviews about an ant infestation (which has lasted for several months it seems) I also made a reservation for Motel 6.

It's $300 to stay at the Days Inn and $349 to stay at Motel 6. Days Inn has free breakfast but Motel 6 does not. I'd prefer a hotel under $400 that is within walking distance.

Has anyone stayed at either Hotel recently that can tell me what they thought of it? Perhaps someone can recommend another hotel within walking distance that is within my price range? It would be nice to stay somewhere with free breakfast, but if not we will live.

I also need somewhere that has a free cancellation policy since I can't afford to pay out of pocket right now.

I did see that the Quality Inn on one site (accommodations near Disney) was $336 if I paid now, and the Quality Inn website says if you book there and find a cheaper rate they'll match and give you one night free, but I can't pay now so I'd have to hope the price was still as cheap and rooms were still available when I could. It's over $500 through the Quality Inn site so that is MUCH cheaper! But I'm quite leery since I've never heard of that website and I'm not sure they would consider it since it's not one of the big names? I did read their rules and regulations but I'm afraid I'm missing a loophole somewhere.

Basically any way to save money on this trip would be helpful. We are flying in from Washington and it's me, my mom, my 16 yr. old daughter and 2 yr. old son. My 20 yr. old son doesn't want to go. :confused3 My mom is a senior and we are members of AAA so we can use those discounts. Thanks for any help and sorry this is so long!

We've stayed at the Motel6 Maingate a few times and liked it. It was clean and had free parking (which alot of motels near Disney don't have) and was walkable (though not as close as some other motels). The only bummer is that there is no breakfast, but it is less expensive than alot of other motels in the area and just as nice as some of them.
The Quality Inn you mentioned, is it the one on Harbor Blvd with the free hot breakfast? If so, we're going to be staying there for the first time when we go to Disney this coming weekend. We found a special online and decided to try it out. My brother did stay there once before and said it was clean and the rooms all have fridges and micros, which is nice.

We stayed at Ramada Inn Maingate last year and loved it....cont. breakfast...microwave and fridge...plus a great pool...Im not sure how much it cost but it's right across the street

The Quality Inn you mentioned, is it the one on Harbor Blvd with the free hot breakfast? If so, we're going to be staying there for the first time when we go to Disney this coming weekend. We found a special online and decided to try it out. My brother did stay there once before and said it was clean and the rooms all have fridges and micros, which is nice.

Oops..just looked at my reservation and we're staying at Comfort inn, not Quality inn. Sorry.

Take a look at the Super 8 on Katella. It runs about 65 bucks a night during the off season which is when we go and is a nice hotel. It might be a little more since you will be going during peak season however. We stay there every time we go to Disneyland. Its about a five to ten minute walk to the gate and is right next to the Anaheim garden walk area with all sorts of places to eat in it. There is a pool and a hot tub and they have a contenintal breakfast. We don't use much of those things, we just use it as a place to sleep so we rest up for the parks and its great for that.

http://super8anaheim.com/

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/

We've stayed at the motel 6 Anaheim maingate twice. Don't have anything bad to say about it but its very basic. If you are ok with almost no amenities in the room then it's a good place to stay and very cheap as motels near DL go. There is no dresser to put clothes just one of those closet hanging shelfs in there. The bathroom doors do not lock which can be a bummer if you have curious little ones and Grampa staying with you like we did (Poor Grampa had to get us to hold DD when he needed to use the bathroom because DD wouldn't let him go in peace). No fridge or microwave. We brought our cooler into the room and added ice from the machine each morning to keep our stuff cold over the trip.

They do have TVs course. And free coffee or hot chocolate in the mornings. But that's about it for the amenities. It was clean and worked fine for us needing just a place to sleep and that's it.

The walk was 17 minutes from front desk to DL gates ( including a smooth transition through security).

Have you tried Desert Inn & Suites?

Across the street on Harbor and they have a small continental breakfast. They charge for parking, but if you don't have a car the price should be cheaper.

Listen I am all for living cheap but you might want to spend a few more $$$ on the hotel here--Tropicana Inn can be had for around $89 if you call and talk it up a bit, tell them you love the place, etc.They do charge for parking as does almost everywhere around the park.But you have to consider that you save a ton by doing so on food.McDonalds is next door, it literally is the closest or nearly closest hotel.You can feed them breakfast, take snacks in your back pack, come out for lunch and a break--soak your feet in the hot tub--feed the troops again cheaply much cheaper than inside the park.You get the picture.You are paying here a bit for location but the tradeoff is location both to the park and great, cheap , food nearby.It is not necessary to have a car, not sure if you are driving or flying.I have stayed here both in the regular two queen room and the executive suites in the front.I would just tell you to consider bang for the buck here.You may well get a great return for the few more bucks more you spend here.Also having been here a lot I can tell you occasionally that you have to return to the room, someone forgot something, clothing change, personal issues, etc.It is sooo very handy to be close to the park.I understand there are many other properties that might be a little cheaper here that are covered above but as far as overall good time and happiness of family at least consider it.We really only ate in the park once for the world of color.We paid to eat in the restaurant and got the fast passes.Again it wasn't cheap but it sure was great.We got to warm up inside, feed the troops, a little caffeine for everyone(we're always on central time zone), and we went and rode rides after the WOC because we hat taken the break not spent time in a long miserable line to get into WOC, hope you are getting the picture.
And I have to tell you that you have a beautiful family.You may see my child along the way, he grew up and is working as a cm in the college program.Yes he gets to go work the WOC or rides around there.Must be nice , huh.At any rate good luck with your trip.As you can see I have been going to Disney since kids were born, we have stayed at other properties but the Trop has always treated us well and there's value for the $$ based on location.Good luck to you and thanks for letting me ramble...

lol we stayed in a hotel last year that didn't have a lock on the bathroom door and my son kept opening it on us! He also kept opening the door to the outside and running out. UGH! I sure hope he stays in this time around!

I've priced both places you two have mentioned and they are out of my price range. I haven't called anyone yet, but most sites say the Desert Inn is booked for the dates we are going to be there.

We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn...$89 a night for a King with sleeper sofa. I didn't book online, but called them directly. It was $99 a night, but they offered a $10 discount because we are Costco members. Comes with free breakfast too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter