Help me choose! Music, Movies or Pop!

myexisajerk2001

Earning My Ears
We are about to book a value resort but we are not sure which! We leave May 15th. We have heard that POP is the best, however I have heard it is also most crowded. I was told MUSIC has the best entertainment but MOVIES has the best food court! HELP!!! We want to book asap but want to make sure we book the right one! 3 adults, 2 children (ages 3,4) THANK YOU!!!!!

Well I would say POP, but thats the only one I have stayed at!:rotfl:

We have a 4yr old dd and she loved it! It is very colourful and friendly and has fantastic pools! We went last May and I would not describe it as packed, but then it depends when you go and how you time things. Peak times at the food court were manic, so we avoided them, but I guess that is the case at all food courts!

I beleive Pop is better laid out, so even if you are furthest away from the classic Hall (main area of shop/food court), it is still only a 5min walk or so. Pop also has its own buses, where I believe All Star share.

What can I say, I am biased and we are going back for more this May:cool1: You will have a fab time whichever you choose, best of luck:thumbsup2:goodvibes

hi, we have stayed at the Pop twice - and loved it. The main reason for me is the dedicated bus. You get on the bus and have no other stops at any other resort. That is so nice at the end of the day, getting on the bus and knowing you are headed straight for our resort. This is the only Value we have stayed at, prior to the last 2 trips, it was Mods only! Pop is a very busy resort, Food Court service can be a bit daunting for crowds, so choosing eating times is important. Thats my 2 cents!

I love POP! Just like a PP mentioned, the dedicated bus service is worth it alone. I really like the layout of the resort. Everything is centrally located and easy to get to. There's also a lake there that's nice to take a stroll around. I think you can even see some of Illuminations from certain areas of the resort.

I've stayed at Pop and Movies and Pop wins hands down! The rooms at Pop are much nicer as is the bus service. Pop also has some of the best Cms on property! :thumbsup2

I've stayed at Pop and Movies and Pop wins hands down! The rooms at Pop are much nicer as is the bus service. Pop also has some of the best Cms on property! :thumbsup2

I agree. We have stayed at POP and Movies and I would choose POP anytime. In addition to the great points the pp mentioned, we also enjoyed the food court at POP.

I've stayed at ASMo and Pop, and Pop has it's OWN bus service, whereas the All Stars share. That makes the decision for me!

I've stayed at all 3 and I would suggest Music or Pop. We've stayed at Movies twice and love the themes and the nice CM's (and this is the only resort we've stayed at where Mousekeeping seems to love to have fun setting up the kids toys in cool displays in the windows), but the rooms need a refurb badly!

As far as the other two, depends on what you is your top priority. Music has far and away the nicest rooms. I was at Pop last week and they are looking a little sad in comparison. But, they were still neat and clean. Also, they have begun refurbs which is great!

My kids like the decor of Pop better than Music and there are some nice fountains for the little ones to play in.

Personally, I have always found the sharing of busses to be a non-issue. The resorts only share at quiet times of day and the trip to each is a lot quicker than the bus sharing that most deluxes and mods have. The bonus of Music is that at the busier times, you could take a bus for any of the three All-Stars and just walk to Music since it is in the middle.

Anyway, my family would give the slight edge to Pop, but I don't think you can go wrong with either!

Thank you all so much! We go every year and always stay at either the campground or a mod. This is the first year we decided to stay at a value since we are really never in our room. We also always go in October when it is less crowded but since we are going with friends this year, we worked with their plans. Is it crowded in mid May??

We decided to book at the POP this time around! Cant wait! 77 days and counting!!!

Pop or Movies- Pop has a bigger and better food court , lobby, gift shop, a bigger pool, and dedicated bus. Movies has a great theme, just a smaller food court, gift shop, but really nice. The 3 story high Buzz and Woody, Andy's room, a huge RC to climb on, plus the other areas as well...your kids will love it. Mine are 11 and 13 and still climb on rc and roam around the areas when there. Especially with TS 3 coming out soon. Request that area if you go.

This will be our first time in a value and we're staying at Music because we need a family suite. I've received really great reviews about it, but so many really love Pop. If you're going to go for a discount, it may come down to which one has availability.

As far as May goes, we'll be checking out on the 15th. We've gone the second week in May before and it was great. MK got crowded, but was very easily manageable with planning, but the other parks were almost always walk on. The big rides needed fast passes, but they weren't too far out and we NEVER showed up for a rope drop. We're not morning ppl and have 5 kids, so we take our time in the mornings... that being said, we never felt like we were waiting around or over crowded at that time of the year. It was very hot, but with a mister fan and nice breaks with cold drinks that too was easy to deal with. I think you'll like May!

Personally I'd go with Movies because of the theming and the ages of your kids. We've stayed at Movies 4 times with my 3 year old :blush: The last time in December we did a split stay...2 days at Movies (beat the ice storm) and 5 at CBR. I loved our pirate room at CBR as did both my girls but my 3 year old still prefers movies. We always spend a day just hanging out at the all-stars checking out all the icons.

We are about to book a value resort but we are not sure which! We leave May 15th. We have heard that POP is the best, however I have heard it is also most crowded. I was told MUSIC has the best entertainment but MOVIES has the best food court! HELP!!! We want to book asap but want to make sure we book the right one! 3 adults, 2 children (ages 3,4) THANK YOU!!!!!

MUSIC OR MOVIES everyone book POP.:confused3:confused3

I think your kids would love the theming of movies. It really is the cutest, but make sure the rooms have been refurb'd. The Music rooms were refurb'd a few years ago and they were equally as nice as the Pop rooms.

I have stayed at Music and Pop and I really like them both about the same. I do think Pop has a slightly more central location. The bus ride from the All stars to MK is one of the longest bus rides on property. The bus ride to DTD is also pretty long. However, the All Stars bus ride to AK is minutes.

I think Music is a little nicer during crowded times. That's just my opinion. I think POP feels really crowded during high crowds levels. I am not sure about mid May. I just stayed at Pop in September and it was excellent.

Music.....

Disney2007088.jpg

Disney2007439.jpg

Disney2007006-1.jpg

Disney2007447.jpg

Movies......

Disney2007426.jpg

Disney2007431.jpg

Disney2007435.jpg

Pop......

Sept2009-Disney880.jpg

Sept2009-Disney900.jpg

from the 80's.....

Sept2009-Disney920.jpg

Sept2009-Disney928.jpg

Sept2009-Disney931.jpg

Good Luck Deciding!:confused3

Subscribing to help decide for next year. We stayed at ASMu last year and loved the pool activities. We were in the farthest section though and had to walk aways to get to the food court and main pool.

Wondering about what is different with POP food and if it seems really busy during free dining--which I hope happens next August again.

We liked the quieter pace of ASMu, but will not be going to AK next year. So if bus ride from pop is shorter, maybe stay there. We will go to the other 3 parks and waterparks next year.

Seeing what others think.

POP, remember the old saying there is strength in NUMBERS:goodvibes!. This is especiallly helpful with Magical Express and busses to the parks.

I personally thought the buses were better at Music. I also like that Music was in the middle of the two resorts so you could catch a bus to any AS and still walk back to Music. But I like to walk sometimes just to site see and take pictures.

I think POP's food is good and I like the attached gift shop. I didn't eat that much at Music, so I cant compare too well.

Thank you all so much! We go every year and always stay at either the campground or a mod. This is the first year we decided to stay at a value since we are really never in our room. We also always go in October when it is less crowded but since we are going with friends this year, we worked with their plans. Is it crowded in mid May??

We decided to book at the POP this time around! Cant wait! 77 days and counting!!!

Pop is a great resort. Very clean. And fun too! I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised. I have only been once in mid-May and it was one of our absolute favorite trips!! We thought the parks were very manageable and the weather was perfect for swimming, but not too hot for the parks. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter