Help me choose...again! AKL, YC, or Poly

Southernswthrt

Mouseketeer
We have a short last-minute trip planned for April 25-28. It will be 2 adults and a 4 year old. We plan to relax on this short trip and do only our favorites, and spend some time at the pool. With my AP, AKL - Savannah view (Standard not available) and Poly Standard are roughly the same price. YC - Woods view is about $150 less so price is not really a factor.

Our reservations are currently at Poly, but the construction has me a bit concerned. AKL looks awesome, but is the location too remote for a short trip? YC is the least expensive option of the 3, and SAB looks awesome, but the transportation to MK is concerning.

So what do you think???? :confused3

Last edited:
Just to clarify, do you mean 2 adults and a 14 year old, or 2 adults and a 1 year old and a 4 year old?

Will you be spending most of your time at MK - then the Poly? If your favorites are at Epcot and DHS then choose YC. For short trips definitely go with the resort that is closest to the parks you will be at the most. You don't want to spend too much time with transportation when you only have a few days. I wouldn't choose AKL unless the Animal Kingdom is the park that you want to visit the most.

Like the PP said, for shorter trips we try and stay near the parks we're going to be at the most. You can't go wrong with any of the resorts you mentioned, however, out of all of them I would choose YC or the Poly for the convenience alone.You can take the monorail to MK and Epcot from the Poly and can walk or take the boat from YC to HS and Epcot. AKL would require buses to all of the parks.

If not for the construction going on in Poly i would choose that resort. But like you said the construction is worrying you And it may be too stressful for you. We were there a week ago and believe me "Bob the Builders" are all over the place. I'd choose YC for now or AKL for a more relaxing vacation.

YC would be my pick. Great location and great pool! AKL while a beautiful resort is a little out of the way especially for a short trip.

I would choose YC due to Poly construction. The AKL is too far out for a short trip plus only has buses which is an issue with a stroller.

I would chose YC and take a cab to Magic Kingdom. It's like $20.00 and much quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter