Help me build my ADR wishlist!

froggy922

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be taking DS(4) for his first trip in Sept for 6 nights. . We will have the basic dining package. So, what 6 TS restaurants would you recommend that our little boy would love. We are open to breakfasts, lunches or dinners--we don't mind having a good mix of ADRs, but we would lime to do one or two character meals. Help me build my ADR wishlist :)
TIA, Janeen in Ky

I would definitely look at T-Rex in Downtown Disney first for a boy that age - it does book pretty quickly. We went there last visit (no kids) and loved it. I would also check out Sci-Fi in Hollywood Studios - sitting in cars, like a drive-in. The only issue you may have there is the way they are seated in the cars. Usually two people behind two people, but it is worth checking out - if not, we always enjoy 50's Prime Time Cafe, also in Hollywood Studios.
The Crystal Palace in MK is good - with pooh and friends and a nice buffet for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
And maybe the Rainforest Cafe which is both at the Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney.
I haven't been to Chef Mickeys in the Contemporary but that is another character buffet, easily accessible by monorail from the MK.

If you are going to Animal Kingdom then you must go to Tusker House. The food is great and so are the characters. We love their lunch or their breakfast is great too.

Cape May at the Beach club resort. We love the Sci Fi in HS.

We also love Ohana. Not a character dinner but they have some activities during dinner like coconut races. My kids love it. Never had breakfast there but hear that it is great.

T-Rex lunch or dinner @ DDD
Sci-Fi lunch or dinner @ HS
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner @ The Wilderness Lodge
Chef Mickey's Breakfast @ The Contemporary
Be Our Guest Dinner @ Fantasyland MK
Tusker House Breakfast @ Animal Kingdom

I don't think I would recommend Sci-Fi for a 4-year old. He's not old enough to get the kitsch factor, but he is young enough to get scared by the monsters on-screen. Also, not sure if 50's Prime Time theme would be lost on him or not.

I second the recs for either Chef Mickey's (at Contemporary, and easy to get to from Magic Kingdom) or Tusker House (breakfast or lunch) at Animal Kingdom for the Fab 5 characters.

Garden Grill at Epcot has Chip and Dale, Mickey, and Pluto (in farmer outfits) in a rotating restaurant that overlooks part of the Land ride.

Playhouse Disney at Hollywood studios has either breakfast or lunch with various Playhouse Disney characters. (Last I could find on All-Ears was Handy Manny, Oso, June, and Leo, but don't know if that's a current
list.)

Crystal Palace has Pooh characters for breakfast and lunch.

O'hana is fun for dinner, with fun games as PP mentioned.

Coral Reef in Epcot has varying reviews for its food, but one wall of the restaurant looks onto the giant Epcot aquarium.

Biergarten in Germany at Epcot has musicians who play and invite the kids down to dance. The restaurant looks like you're outside in a beer garden -- very pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter