HELP ME!!! Bought 5 day hoppers from Connections - I lost them!

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I'm not quite sure Connections is being honest with me - why would one of the supervisors tell me that the Customer Relations tracks the ticket number & date on the back of the ticket. I have her name & operator no. When I explained this to the Manager of Consumer Affairs, she said that the girl gave me incorrect information. & then on a second note said they had no record of my talking to someone by that name.

Because you know they tract everything by your phone # I guess, I called from a friend's house & said that I was considering joining & had some questions. So they of course would not have this in my record.

On another note, when I called my charge card company to see if there was any other description on the transaction that I paid Connections, they said the description was -- ready for this one --- " continuity subscription". Hmm, I'm very leary at this point. Again, I know they must thousands of tickets. I'm sure AAA since they are worldwide sells 2 times as many & they track these numbers - they are required by their company to keep these numbers on file & this was even before they had computers - they had to hand write them. They also tell their customers AAA is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets, but to write down the numbers & these numbers are listed on the customer's invoice. With Connections, there is not invoice or proof of purchase except for your credit card bill & if "continuity subscription" sounds anything like DIsney Hopper passes, they really have people fooled.

I understand your frustration with Connections, but I just don't see how any of this matters.
What they label the transaction had nothing to do with you losing your tickets.
Whether they track serial numbers had nothing to do with you losing your tickets. It may be bad business, and your warning should be heeded by us all, but it still did not cause you to lose your tickets.
Whether or not their bookeeping is different than you would like does not mean that they are responsible in the event you lose your tickets.
I'm just concerned because I feel like the anger at Connections isn't going to do anyone any good. Best to channel your efforts into locating the actual tickets and/or figuring out how to raise money for new ones. I would be crushed if this happened to me.... and I would be angry... but it's time to channel this into some positive energy.

Best of luck!

kilarney,
Even if my tickets are lost, misplaced, stolen, whatever, if I had purchased these tickets from Disney, AAA or a reputable company that keeps the serial no. on file, Disney would put a stop on the tickets, and reissue me new ones. It's that simple! I've already talked with them about this situation. People lose these tickets all the time, or they get damaged. That is why Disney has a Ticket Research Dept. As long as DIsney has the number off the back the back of the pass, they can reissue them - even if you used 2 days on that ticket, Disneys' computer system knows.

Besides COnnections has lied to me - one person tells me that they don't track the numbers & someone else there told me they do. I don't feel they are a reliable company to be dealing with.

treloarf - I really hope that something works out for you on this. What a horrible situation. I'd be sick over it, too.

Just had to jump in one one point. What is Connections motive for lying to you? Why would they? One customer service rep told you one thing. Another told you something different. You spoken to several people at Connections - call a few more and see what the general response is - do they or don't they keep serial number info.

Connections is no different than WDW when it comes to getting an answer to a question. How many time will one CM say one thing and another tell you an entirely different thing. Niether one is lying. It is just that sometimes people give out misinformation in an attempt to help. That is probably what happened at Connections. Many times people have to call WDW numerous times to find someone who can answer their question with the facts.

There are lots of ticket resellers out there. I have no idea how many, if any, track individual serial numbers to peoples names. Who even knows if what AAA told you is correct? To question how reputable Connections is based on your experience on this one may be misplaced anger.

Yes, Disney has a Ticket Reserch Department and will replace tickets if you have the serial number. However, is it the responsibility of the person who sold the ticket or the person who bought the ticket to make sure that that info remains available in the event the ticket is lost?

Not trying to give you a hard time. Take up the war with Connections if you think it makes you feel better. I just hate to see you make a bad situation worse by getting yourself worked up over being lied to by a deceitful company who is out to screw you. That is only going to make you feel worse, and I doubt that is what is happening.

Keep positive, keep calling, but keep some perspective. If you stay positive you are more likely to find a solution, and I do hope you find a solution. Good luck :).

I lost a 3 day hopper on my first day of use. We bought it through an event group that bought in bulk from Disney and resold to its event ticket holders at deep discounts. I got the same answer from City Hall at the MK -- if we had the ticket #, we could help. They referred me back to the group that sold us the tickets. They didn't keep a record, either. I was sick to my stomach.

I don't want to believe Connections is intentionally trying to mislead you -- but there is lots of room for misinformation -- and you do seem to be getting differing accounts. We sometimes get this even from Disney employees when we call. I know it is frustrating, just do your best to keep your cool and be firm but professional.

I made a personal decision never to buy any tickets from anyone other than Disney -- even at great discounts, for this reason. We have one person in our group keep all tickets. We stop immediately after the gate to put these up. No running on ahead. I keep my receipts in the glove compartment of the car we always take to Disney. Photocopying is a GREAT idea. Nothing ruins a vacation or that relaxed after a vacation feeling quite like losing Disney tickets.

Best of luck to you!

I agree with the minority of posters.I really do feel for you but YOU dd loose them. WDW does not keep track of thier own park hoppers so why should Connections. Now for AP's the do keep track because each one is assigned to a specific person. I just lost mine while at WDW went to guest realtions with my drivers license and they replaced in on the spot. I had copied the back of it just in case but they didn't even need it.

I think if you had changed the tone from "its their reponsibility to reissue my tickets" to "is there any way you (connections) can help me with my dilema" you also may have had better luck.

Just my .02

treloarf, there is a post on the tips board you should read.

"Great Tip RE:Tickets
We are very resposible regarding our Disney Tickets, afterall they are very expensive. We have gone several times and I always keep them in a special spot and I keep everyone's so they are all together. Last year we lost them. It was devistating. It was only our second day. I don't know how it happened. We were staying at the Dolphin and needed them to buy E-Night tickets and somehow they dissapeared. We thought we'd have to buy new tickets, but Disney said if we had bought the tickets through them we would be all set as long as we had the receipt. Apparently important tracking numbers are printed on the receipt. BUT we had bought discoutned tickets through connections and had no receipt etc. TRo make a longer story shorter....a couple of really wonderful Disney (& Dolphin) Guest Relations employee's, they were able to track the tickets and issued us new ones. This process took hours and we were lucky that someone gave us the time of day to help us. They had very little to go on and it took forever, and meanwhile we were so upset. The point is that it is very important to have these tracking numbers. I plan to make copies of all our tickets before we go and keep them in the hotel safe. If we had those numbers Disney will easily reissue lost tickets. So.........if you buy from Disney save that receipt and if you buy discounted tickets copy the backs and keep in your safe. Hope this advise saves someone a lot of time and energy incase of lost tickets! by NHBelle"

Maybe the poster can help you get your tickets replaced! It's woth a try I think!

In my ongoing research, I've contacting companies that sell Disney tickets to see how they tract their tickets: this is what FloridaOrlandoTickets said:

"We purchase our tickets directly from Disney so the tickets you buy from them or from us are the same. All of our tickets have numbers on the back as well. We make a copy of every ticket sold to our customers and keep it in the file with their original order. If you would like us to, we can give you a copy with your order so you can keep it with you."

Just some info to consider when purchasing your Disney tickets!!!

Below is all that is stated on the Connections web site regarding returns. It doesn't say they will refund tickets, but it doesn't say they won't.

Perhaps you could call then up and say you would like to return tickets, but they are mixed up with other used tickets and you need to know which ones were bought from Connections.

from connections

Can I return an item after I've paid for it? What is your Refund Policy?

If you wish to return an item (such as Certificate(s)/ GiftCard(s)) for a full refund or replacement, you must do so within 90 days of the item's bill date. Please ensure that any item returned is not damaged in any way. Do not alter or mutilate (e.g. tear up or write "Void"/ "Cancel", etc.) any item you wish to return. We will not reimburse You for or replace such items. All items to be returned must be sent to Us by "Certified Mail" to the following address, stating your name, address and membership number clearly:

Customer Relations Department
Attention: Billable Returns
9500 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114
If you do not return the items through "Certified Mail", We cannot guarantee receipt, and therefore, We cannot guarantee refund or replacement of the

End connections

Also, while I contend that the only hope is through Connections, pursueing with the attitude that they are obligated to help you on this will not likely win you any points. Assuming that Connections has these numbers (and thats a big assumption) they only way you are going to get them, is if someone that you talk to wants to help and can help you. Remember, these people get griped at all day.

I'm not a mean person & am not trying to get over on anyone especially Connections, but I have tried being the nice guy with several calls & letters. They will not help me. I don't want them to refund my money, or refund my tickets, all I want is for them to give these serial numbers. And until they can prove they don't tract these numbers, I'm not giving up. Because if other companies are tracking them, why isn't Connections. Another example, they have a 90 day return policy - how do they know that the tickets I'm returning are the exact tickets I bought. They have to be matching these tickets up against something.

And Disney does keep track of the hopper passes if you purchase them directly from them!

I don't think Disney (unless they are mind readers) keeps track of ticket buyers. I bought tickets in December and no one every asked my name, address, etc. I purchased these at the Internation Gateway at Disney.

Now I will say that the person who handed me the tickets did say to keep my receipt in case I lost my tickets. But it does say right on the Disney tickets they are not responsible for lost or misplaced tickets.

Liz

I like the 'I need to return my tickets' angle. I know you don't want to return them or get a refund. However, if you called them and said that you needed to return them but they were mixed with some other tickets I wonder if they could help you identify the tickets that came from them. You are right, they have to match the returned tickets against something. It is possible that they might just match the ticket number against the list of tickets they received from Disney, without actually having the name of the person too whom they sold the ticket - but it might be an angle worth a try.

Sending pixie dust your way. Good luck.

Connections motive for lying would be simple, you would have to join their program again, buy more tickets and they get another commission. If you were already a "fully paid" member they would have the tracking numbers so they could replace your tickets, show you what great customer service they have and you will renew your membership. If you are not a member, giving you the tracking info (which I am positive they have, OTHERWISE, how would their employees PROVE who actually bought the tickets and that they just didn't take them for their own families, THAT is the reason behind tracking numbers, DISNEY absolutely tracks their tickets, maybe not guest by guest, but DEFINITELY they know the number and if it's been used or not) would leave them without another commission and more work to do without being paid for it. I bought mine at the Disney Store with a Credit Card and the woman wrote my info next to EACH tracking number on each card in her book, so if they Disney Store does it and AAA does it, then it's safe to say Connections does it too.

If you buy your tickets through Disney with a Credit Card, then they have the tracking number and the buyers info, otherwise, they just have the tracking number on the ticket and they know whether or not it's been used. They sell to Connections with the tracking numbers because if they are lost in the mail when they are shipping them to Connections, well then it's simple enough for Disney to x out all those tickets. Now, once the tickets reach connections, they too have the tracking numbers because if they receive 100 tickets and they are numbered 1-100, the employees have to prove they sold who which ticket, i.e. Mr. Smith bought tickets 45-50, here is his credit card and personal info. This way the employee has no chance of scoffing the tickets themselves, pretty simple, right? Sure it is, otherwise that other guy staying at the Dolphin who was an "active" member, wouldn't have gotten his tickets replaced! In otherwords, Connections has the info and I wouldn't give up. I wouldn't do the legal thing unless you can prove fraud, them holding the info back in order for you to purchase their program and more tickets, but I wouldn't give up nor would I not hesitate to lodge a complaint with Disney about them too, afterall, it's their company they are representing.

Good LUCK! Let us know how it goes!

This topic is obviously one that engenders alot of emotional responses. :)

Treloaf, I'm sorry to hear of your loss...I get that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I can't figure out where I spent my last $20, let alone losing $1000. Hopefully you'll find a way to resolve this issue which is satisfactory to you.

Why everyone thinks any organization is obligated legally to help in this situation is beyond me. Ethically, yes. Its the right thing to do IF Connections has the numbers. Its good for public image if they do...esp. with the number of people apparantly getting involved in this thread and the multitude of lurkers who have followed it through to the end.

Is there a legal obligation??? Probably not. As has been stated, you are a _former_ customer. You played the game of joining, getting cheaper tickets, then opting out, probably for the $1.00 trial membership. I understand the game...almost did it myself. But I could not ethically hold Connections legally responsible to tell me a bunch of numbers when I had intentionally broken the business relationship.

In the meantime, I'd keep trying to social engineer the answer out of Connections, if possible. Ultimately, if they DO have the serial numbers, someone there will try and find a way to help you, so long as you continue to be polite and sincere...threatening a lawsuit from what I perceive to be your weak legal position would be counterproductive.

Good luck,
Joe

I've read many of the responses...don't know if this solution was brought up, but in the New York area there are TV and newspaper reporters who are "problem solvers" who investigate or try and resolve a dilemma that the average comsumer cannot. It is in the best interest of the company to help in any way possible if they want the reporter to keep a good image of their company. I am not crazy about Connections. I've tried them, but I never got the "free gift" for joining and I find them unorganized and uninformed when it comes to getting the right information from them. Don't understand how Disney deals with them when a reputation is everything.

I have 5 6-day PHPs that I bought at the Disney Store about 1 1/2 years ago. I decided to copy them the other day after seeing this thread. They all have the SAME number on the back?????

Just to let everyone know that my credit card co. has decided to put the Connections charge for the tickets in "dispute". So at least I'm not paying for the tickets right now. In the description of transaction for ticket charge, the cr. card co. thought it was strange that Connection called it "continuity subscription" and they had no idea what that meant. As far as legally, I know it's not practical to even consider, it would probably cost me more to fight it than the tickets are worth. I was truely upset when I said that in my post.

I'm waiting for Connections to respond to my letter that they said they have never received. I'm giving them until next week & I guess I'll have to re-send it "certified".

By the way, in my welcome letter from Connections when I joined it states in the 2nd paragraph. "We invite you to use our services for a 30 day trial period. If within 30 days you don't feel that your services and benefits are everything we say they are simply call us toll free to cancel your membership." First off, they can't ever put a proper sentence together - "if within 30 days you don't feel that your services and .....are they my services or theirs, hmm.

Secondly, they're inviting you to use their services for 30 days, which I did. I bought DIsney tickets. I really didn't see anything else that interested me in their company to continue with the membership.

Thanks again for all the support - I'll keep everyone updated.

Hi! This certainly is an interesting discussion.
LoriZH wrote:
I bought mine at the Disney Store with a Credit Card and the woman wrote my info next to EACH tracking number on each card in her book, so if they Disney Store does it and AAA does it, then it's safe to say Connections does it too.

Lori, I don't know why your store would have done this. The ONLY time we ever take own any sort of info about tickets is the couple times we have had some sort of special promotion going on.... and that info only noted the type of ticket. The stores DO NOT keep track of any sort of numbers. Passes are simply scanned and given to the guest. We have NO WAY of knowing who bought what.

If you buy your tickets through Disney with a Credit Card, then they have the tracking number and the buyers info, otherwise, they just have the tracking number on the ticket and they know whether or not it's been used.

Again, I'm not sure where at Disney they would actually keep track of who bought which passes .... possibly mail order.

They sell to Connections with the tracking numbers because if they are lost in the mail when they are shipping them to Connections, well then it's simple enough for Disney to x out all those tickets. Now, once the tickets reach connections, they too have the tracking numbers because if they receive 100 tickets and they are numbered 1-100, the employees have to prove they sold who which ticket, i.e. Mr. Smith bought tickets 45-50, here is his credit card and personal info. This way the employee has no chance of scoffing the tickets themselves, pretty simple, right?

Disney would keep track of passes they send out to other outlets (including the Stores).
The Stores merely keep track of the number of each type of pass they have. I'm sure other second party sellers must keep an inventory of passes, but I really don't think that anybody needs to *prove* who they sold *which* ticket to. If you start with, say 100 5-day passes, sales records show you sold 25 and you have 75 in inventory..... that's all you need to know. With the state of businesses today, I don't think most places are going to add extra record keeping.
As sad as it is to suffer a loss like this, I really do think that we all have to take responsibility for our own actions. We make mistakes; hopefully we learn.

Treloarf, Did you read Sonnyday's response above regarding the post on the Tips Board? It was the same situation... someone that bought Connections tickets lost them & Disney WAS IN FACT able to find the information & track the numbers & then replace those tickets... She said it took several hours to do it, but it got done... The poser was NHBelle, I'd certainly write the OP on this one as she's been right in your shoes!!!

Still sending pixie dust your way!!! As for people saying you should just roll over on this issue, I don't think you should, although a law suit would be way out there... I think that Connections, as well as Disney should be able to help you on this & they should WANT to do this... Disney is losing money if you don't go on your vacation & Connections is getting a lot of bad press on it... These numbers are all tracked by Disney, don't you think for one minute they aren't!! As said by NHBelle in her post...

I feel bad for your situation -- I know I'd be crying if I'd lost Disney tickets!

However, I don't think you have a leg to stand on with Connections. You ordered tickets from them, they provided the tickets, you were satisified with the transaction -- that's the end of their responsibility. The problem occured in your home after the tickets were in your possession.

You're assuming that the stranger at AAA is right -- he could be wrong just as easily as the person at Connections could be wrong.

Have you completely ruled out the idea that the tickets might be lost somewhere in your house? Maybe they're being used as a bookmark in your Disney travel guide? Have you prayed about it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter