HELP! MDE + Exchange Certificate = FP+?

runmommyrun

Mouseketeer
I am completely lost with this FP+ and MDE. We have Exchange Certificates for the PAP that was on special for DVC members through 12/31/12. Instead of letting tickets sit at Will Call for 10 months until I activate the PAP this Oct, I thought I'd get Exchange Certificates. So I have four of the green exchange certificates to turn in at a ticket location when we arrive. Here's the question: Can I link these for FP+ purposes? Or am I completely out of luck and have to wait until I get there to do this and just get what ever is left over for ride times? I don't see a 12-digit code to link the tickets. (Technically, I guess they aren't tickets... they are to be exchanged for tickets). Is there a way to get these exchanged to Will Call so I can link on MDE? Ugh!!! The one time I don't choose Will Call!!! Anyone who can make heads or tails of this, I'd appreciate some insight. Thanks!

I had the same concerns and MDE took me for a loop. Here is what I did and what happened.

Scanned DVC PAP vouchers into MDE using my iPhone and the link in MDE to scan tickets. Assigned voucher to each person. Vouchers then showed in MDE.

FP+ and magic bands opened up for our stay and I was able to magic bands, no problem, but MDE kept showing son with voucher as ineligible( for like 2 weeks). It showed hubs and I as eligible based on an old ticket:confused3 I planned to just forget FP+ and the headaches and use the regular system since our stay is coming up shortly.

Logged in today and Disney Magic had hit and all of us showed as eligible and I made FP+ reservations.

Now our upcoming issue is that we are doing a spilt stay and FP+ is for the second part. I was told we would exchange our vouchers and get RFID passes for use the first few days with regular old faastpass and then our magicbands would take over for the second stay portion.

Hope this helps! Maybe Disney got the whole voucher thing straight finally!

Thanks! Glad that it works! I just spent 25 minutes on phone with ticketing and Internet support. They were able to link the tickets to MDE! Whew! Apparently our testing period isn't even open yet (for Columbus weekend?), so I guess I was freaking out over nothing at this point. Now the tickets are showing. I suppose that doesn't guarantee it will actually get me FP+ times or anything, but at least they are there and I can see them.
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter