Help-maybe last-minute trip next week! Caribe Royale?Marriott?On-site villa?Don't go?

kateej

Earning My Ears
Looking for resort for possible last-minute trip NEXT WEEK! My sister just found out she needs to go to Orlando for work, so I'm debating going with her to watch her 2 year old while she works and bring my 2 kids as well. Part of the trip will be paid for by her work and I have free airline tix -- and am not too busy at work myself right now -- so most of me thinks why not?!? :woohoo:
(the fiscally responsible part of me thinks it's still so much money I probably shouldn't do it -- but that part usually gets drowned out by my Mickey Love! :laughing:)

She'll be working 2 half days so I'll probably keep the kids at the hotel during that time. So, we'll be 2 adults, plus 3 girls ages 2, 3 and 6. This will be my sister's first trip to Disney as an adult, and her daughter's first trip, so I'd like to make it great for them so they'll keep coming back with us!

:confused3 DILEMA ON WHERE TO STAY - never stayed off site before and am debating what to do!! I'd like a one or two bedroom suite with kitchen/kitchenette, a great pool for toddlers, daily housekeeping (which most of the timeshares don't have) and food on-site - and a playgrond would be great too. We'll have a car, but my sister will have it with her while she's working.

So, with those qualifications, any thoughts on: Caribe Royale or Marriott Grande Vista OR other ideas?? OR, with my pin code, I can get a one bedroom suite at Bay Lake or AKL Kidani for a decent price, though certainly more than I'd pay off site. The idea of staying near the monorail is really appealing - i've loved staying at Poly with young kids for the monorail. I'm not interested in doing the Fort Wilderness cabins, but would be open to other on-site ideas too (WL Villas are booked). From the places I've looked, I think the price difference for on-site is probably about $250 or so for each my sister and I since we'll only be paying for 3 nights ourselves. It's not a ton, but it isn't nothing so I don't know what to do!

Looking for resort for possible last-minute trip NEXT WEEK! My sister just found out she needs to go to Orlando for work, so I'm debating going with her to watch her 2 year old while she works and bring my 2 kids as well. Part of the trip will be paid for by her work and I have free airline tix -- and am not too busy at work myself right now -- so most of me thinks why not?!? :woohoo:
(the fiscally responsible part of me thinks it's still so much money I probably shouldn't do it -- but that part usually gets drowned out by my Mickey Love! :laughing:)

She'll be working 2 half days so I'll probably keep the kids at the hotel during that time. So, we'll be 2 adults, plus 3 girls ages 2, 3 and 6. This will be my sister's first trip to Disney as an adult, and her daughter's first trip, so I'd like to make it great for them so they'll keep coming back with us!

:confused3 DILEMA ON WHERE TO STAY - never stayed off site before and am debating what to do!! I'd like a one or two bedroom suite with kitchen/kitchenette, a great pool for toddlers, daily housekeeping (which most of the timeshares don't have) and food on-site - and a playgrond would be great too. We'll have a car, but my sister will have it with her while she's working.

So, with those qualifications, any thoughts on: Caribe Royale or Marriott Grande Vista OR other ideas?? OR, with my pin code, I can get a one bedroom suite at Bay Lake or AKL Kidani for a decent price, though certainly more than I'd pay off site. The idea of staying near the monorail is really appealing - i've loved staying at Poly with young kids for the monorail. I'm not interested in doing the Fort Wilderness cabins, but would be open to other on-site ideas too (WL Villas are booked). From the places I've looked, I think the price difference for on-site is probably about $250 or so for each my sister and I since we'll only be paying for 3 nights ourselves. It's not a ton, but it isn't nothing so I don't know what to do!
This doesn't sound like a good idea. What if your sister has to work late? And what about nap time for the 2 and 3 year olds. Are you going to head to the theme parks at 4 p.m after they wake up?

I think you would be spread very thin entertaining 3 little kids by yourself in a hotel or resort setting. Doing it at home is challenging enough.

No kitchen, but I'd probably take two adjoining rooms at Pop Century under the circumstances. The theming is SO much fun for the kids, it would be no problem to keep them amused. And you can use Disney transport to go wherever you want.

Half a day in the parks is probably more than plenty for the little ones, so your sister working 1/2 days won't be a problem at all. Let them sleep late, relax around the resort, have lunch and then hit the parks after work.

Sounds like a great opportunity to make a trip during the off-season. It gets harder when you are locked into school schedules.

Sheila

Thanks for the replies. I agree that I'm a little crazy to do this in the first place -- but I booked the airline tickets. I can't resist Mickey Mouse!

My sister is a consultant and is teaching a pre-arranged class, and the class ends at 1pm so I think we'll be ready for the parks around 2pm those two days -- which is perfect because it will be after naptime for the little ones.

And, I did decide that I need to stay on-site. Now, I'm debating between two rooms at POFQ, POP, POR -- or a fort wilderness cabin. The cabin is about the same as POFQ and POR -- and it has a kitchen and boat access that the POs don't have. But, I didn't love Ft Wilderness when I stayed there last time -- it's SO spread out and I found it a bit annoying to deal with the inner buses and then a new bus to other parks, when dealing with a stroller and tired little ones. POP would save me a bunch, and the theming does look really fun -- but the pools don't seem as fun as the POs or Fort Wildnerness. It's supposed to be hot next week and i'm planning on spending my two mornings with my sister working at the pool - my DD6 love waterslides. If the WL Villas were available, I'd splurge on that in a heartbeat. I know where ever we stay will be great, but these decisions are so hard sometimes!!

Good for you! I took my kids alone starting when they were 4 and 6, and it was so EASY staying on Disney property. So you should be fine! I'd recommend bringing a double stroller if you've got one - definitely helps with the little ones.

Also I agree to stay on site - and the moderates sound nice. That way, you'll have a slide (I don't think the value resorts have water slides). The cabin may be too much togetherness, plus no water slide. You can bring snacks for the room, and the moderates have fridges and coffee makers. So you can give the kids a quick breakfast in the room, and not really need the kitchen that way. Stick to counter service for meals - much easier with kids!

Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter