Help! Lost Camera

FisherCruiser

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping that someone can help us out. We just got off the Disney Magic (in stateroom 2108) on Monday and my husband think he left behind his brand new Sony Action Cam in the stateroom. We've contacted Disney Lost and Found with no luck. Thoughts? Are we screwed? It isn't so much the camera that makes me sad - it's all the pictures and the video of our trip.

I'm hoping that someone can help us out. We just got off the Disney Magic (in stateroom 2108) on Monday and my husband think he left behind his brand new Sony Action Cam in the stateroom. We've contacted Disney Lost and Found with no luck. Thoughts? Are we screwed? It isn't so much the camera that makes me sad - it's all the pictures and the video of our trip.

Call again when this next cruise returns. It may have been found and turned into lost and found during this current cruise.

We once left some stuff in our stateroom after getting off the Wonder and a few weeks after the cruise we got a box mailed to us from Disney Cruise Line with the left behind items in it. We were very surprised, so there is hope!:)

I'm sure you have but continue to go through your luggage with a fine toothed comb. 2 weeks ago I was convinced I'd left my (large) laptop power cord on the ship only to find it wound in with my GPS power cord 2 days later.

I found packing to get off the ship a challenge since the luggage needed to go out the night before and then I had to juggle at the airport. Could it have got tucked away somewhere else?

Did you rent a car or fly? Those might be other places to check too.

I'm SO sorry this happened! Feeling sick for you!

In the meantime, see if anyone from your cruise meet thread has photos of you. And call the DCL photography company to see if you can get your cruise photos, all of them, on CD after the fact. (They do keep them for a week or so, from my experience.)

Best of luck finding your camera!

Shutters keeps the images for 3-4 weeks after the cruise.

My SIL & BIL just had a camera "taken" from the table they were next to on a cruise a couple weeks ago. She posted on the cruiseline's FB page and Twitter accounts. The DIS reaches a small portion of DCL cruisers. Getting the word out to more guests will increase your chances. I would even say please return the SD card no questions asked. At this point it's the pictures that matter.

We lost our camera too - on our first cruise, on the very last day. I still remember some of the photos we took! We never got it back. BUT - it reminds me now that photos aren't something I focus on when we go on vacation because we may not have them forever (or at all) and instead I try to make memories and 2 - we now bring our laptop and upload them every evening and into the cloud when we go into port.

we now bring our laptop and upload them every evening and into the cloud when we go into port.

We do something similar in that we use a new memory card each day, so if our camera was lost, we would only lose one day's worth of photos. We also take a photo of our name and contact information on every memory card, should the camera or card be lost, someone can look at the photos and know how to call or email us.

Keep us posted OP. Another suggestion for now would be to write down a very detailed journal of your trip, with as many details and memories as you can, so you can look back on it and remember all the memories you made together. Do this now whilst the memories are fresh.

On these boards, we've heard crazy stories about things that were lost showing up much later and being returned to the owners. I know this doesn't help now, but someone once suggested taking your first picture with a contact number or email in case it's lost and someone goes through to figure out who owns the camera.

I hope you find it!

I am SO SORRY. :( What an absolute sick feeling. I sure hope they find it for you and it is returned safely.

This is sort of off topic:offtopic: but I wanted to post it anyway. After standing behind someone at GS at DL trying to describe their lost camera to a CM, I knew I never wanted to go through that process (they left theirs on a ride). I ordered some small dog tags from a pet ID place with this engraved on them:

$$ CASH REWARD $$
If found, please call or text
XXX-XXX-XXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX

I put both mine and DH's cell phone numbers. I put one of these on my camera strap AND on my camera case. I actually put one on my key ring also since it would be expensive to replace our fob.

Anyway! Our camera and case are now easy to identify with these pet ID tags on them. Hopefully the words "reward" would make someone think twice about keeping our camera. Like you, I would mostly want the memory card from it.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter