Help, loss weight but no smaller sizes

plutofreak

See you in a month Mickey!!
Hey guys
I've been on the Dis for a while but never to this forum. This is so great, encouragement is the key to success.

Anyway, I've been dieting for about a month, no fad diet, just cut calories, I only eat about 700 per day. I've lost 13 pounds now, but my clothes fit the same. Everyone says they can see me losing weight, but I think they are just being nice.

Any suggestions on getting my dress size down, I'm not one of those people who cares about the pounds, I just want to look good.

Any help is apprieciated. And Good Luck to all, with willpower anything is possible.

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions but I just had to say that 700 calories is really not enough. I think WW is based on at least 1400 cal. a day. I'm doing South Beach which stresses eating healthy fats, carbs, protein etc... and low sugar.

I'm by no mean suggesting that you try either one of these diets, but 700 calories a day (no matter how much you may want to lose) is just not good.

Good luck, and stay healthy!

Mymatisse said:
I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions but I just had to say that 700 calories is really not enough. I think WW is based on at least 1400 cal. a day. I'm doing South Beach which stresses eating healthy fats, carbs, protein etc... and low sugar.

I'm by no mean suggesting that you try either one of these diets, but 700 calories a day (no matter how much you may want to lose) is just not good.

Good luck, and stay healthy!
ITA! You are not gaining muscle due to too few carbs and that is why you aren't losing inches. I'm not an expert, but this is from experience of not eating enough. I lost the weight, but not the inches. Good luck and please eat at least 1200 calories a day and get some exercise. If you do this, the inches will fall off. Good luck!

Hi
Have you tried exercise, i have been doing exercise atleast 4 times a week and have seen the inches coming off. I have done water aerobics and normal aerobics. I do as much different excersise as possible to keep me from getting bored. I found that my wheight was not moving so i then looked closely at what i was eating. I now have plenty of carbs but no white stuff so ime eating brown rice, wholemeal bread, seeds, organic oats, lots and lots of veg and fruit, small amount of meat and fish at least twice a week. I also have herble supplements and some b vits. I changed my diet just over 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 1 stone.
Its great that ime loosing now and i hope it continues, but the real gain here is that i feel so much better. I now dont feel like sleeping after a meal and my skin hair and my my inner self just feels so much better.
Another thing i have noticed since eating healthy is i dont crave suger any more or feel hungry.
If you want any tips feel free to ask
Marv

I agree with the other posters - 700 is WAY too low - your body will think that it is starvation mode and it will hang on to every ounce of fat it can also you will lose muscle which will cause your metabolism to slow way down. You need atleast 1200 cals per day, more if you do cardio and weight training. For example I use fitday.com to imput my food and workouts - I do try to shoot for 60 min of cardio a day plus 3 full body weight workouts a week - I keep my calories between 1500 - 1800 a day and I have been about to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week - some weeks it may only be .5 pounds but the next week it may be 2.5 so it averages out to 1 to 2 pounds a week. Lots of women are afraid of using weights but the more muscle you have to more fat you will burn and your body can lose inches and you will go down in sizes.

I didn't lose an ounce in the fall but was training for a marathon--so the clothes got looser and everyone thought I lost weight even though I didn't. Parts did get less flabby and more toned on me and that made a big difference.

More calories as suggested and weight training/exercise to get rid of the "flab" that is left behind and to tighten everything up.

MOst deifintiely add exercise and more calories. You really could be losing weight due to losing muscle, which would not cause you to lose inches. There are programs out there that will calculate how many calories you need to maintain, based on height, weight and what you do during the day. Then, based on what you want to lose, will recommend how many calories should be reduced. I've got a program in my palm, if you want to pm me, I'll run some numbers. 700 is just WAY too low, though. This also means that when you go back to normal, you will incrase again quickly. Let us know how you're doing.

Everyone has already given you great advice. I would just like to chime in on the eat more calories and exercise fronts. I have done many diets in my time and lost weight but not really clothing sizes until I incorporated a healthy eating plan with strength training with weights. Now the inches come off like crazy even when the scale isn't cooperating.

My brother would lose weight and not lose size. Then the opposite would happen he would lose size and not weight. He lost most of his inches during his "stalls".

I'm going to chime in with the other posters, who have all given you great advice.

Although it seems like you will lose more quickly if you eat less, your body sees this as starvation mode and responds by holding on to every ounce it can. By adding calories, you may see those pounds melt away quicker. I do Weight Watchers, but a lot of WISH'ers do fine by counting calories. Just take care that you are eating a balanced diet, so you are not deficient in any needed nutrients. We wouldn't want you getting sick! :flower:

And I think it would also be hard to keep eating only 700 calories a day. Eventually the hunger would overwhelm me and I would eat everything in sight! Adding more calories may help you find a way of eating that you can stick to for good--and that will keep those pesky pounds from coming back! :goodvibes

I think size loss also depends on height,starting weight, and starting fitness level. I'm very short (5') and started at 264 lbs. and hadn't exercised in years. I lost about 30 lbs before I actually lost a size. Man, I must've had my clothes stretched to the max!! :rotfl:

Good luck!! And let us know how it's going! :sunny:

hi, everybody! I'd like to share something with you! I lost 65 pounds, and now my is 135 pounds, just imagine how fat I had been. I'd like to go on losing weight,though it's not an easy thing ti do... Whatever shall I do? :banana: :cool1: :

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter