• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Looking for glowing Tinkerbell

Freddie Beach Shelly

Mouseketeer
Hey! I'm back from Disney - it was nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!!

One day on the bus from POP Century to the Magic Kingdom, I noticed a young woman with a light up Tinkerbell (approx. 3-5 inches tall) attached somehow to her back-pack. She was too far away for me to ask where she got it, so after that, the search began at the stores in the parks. Unfortunately, I came home with no Tinkerbell :sad2:

Does anyone know where it can be purchased? A co-worker of mine is going to Disney for the Christmas holidays and said she would buy it for me if I can tell her which store to go to...

Can anyone help? Thanks, fellow-DISers! :grouphug:

We saw a little girl on the monorail with one of the Tinkerbells. DD thought it was cute and we were looking all over for it. At EPCOT, one CM told us they were all out, they sell out as soon as they get them in. He also said they were exclusive to EPCOT. We kept looking and DH found it at MK during MVMCP. One of the kiosks that sells light up toys at night had it. I can ask him where it was. This little Tinkerbell was the most difficult to find, but sooo worth it for DD. It can be worn as a pin or looped onto a zipper.

BTW, we also have the lightup Tinkerbell from kids Pirate punch drink, and it is not the same toy.

This sounds like just the ticket for my DGD! She is crazy for Tink and has to have just everything Tink! I would love to have this for her. If we find out where they are, can they be ordered from WDW?

Thank you both for your replies. Aristomommy - yes, I would really appreciate it if you could ask your husband if he remembers where it was exactly. There were all kinds of little carts (on wheels) on Main Street and the castle hub area selling light up things before the Spectomagic parade and Wishes. It never even occurred to me to look there. Here's hoping...

My friend's daughter got one with a drink she ordered at Rose & Crown at Epcot.

I got mine in October at Magic Kingdom off of those carts they wheel out before the fireworks. It was $10 and so worth it! My nephew is 3 and was whispering to his Tinkfurrbell all night telling her secrets :)

If it's the same toy that i'm thinking about those are the tinkerbell and the pirate light up toys that can be clipped to basically anything - it comes with your special drink at the restaurants. My boys got 2tinks and a pirate while dining at LeCellier at Epcot.

I have a feeling this is where they can be purchased. I saw several of the light up drinks, but the Tinkerbells were definitely not tall enough. Thinking about it now, it was at least 5 inches high.

I kind of got a laugh out of that woman on the bus that I spotted with it. I was starring at it intensely and talking to my husband about it at the same time (maybe even pointed to it at few times)...about half way to our resort, she turned it off and handed her back pack to her husband...she probably thought I was going to steal it from her! :rotfl2: The thought never occurred to me...honest....;)

I got mine in October at Magic Kingdom off of those carts they wheel out before the fireworks. It was $10 and so worth it! My nephew is 3 and was whispering to his Tinkfurrbell all night telling her secrets :)

Shelly:

I'm going to the World in 9 days. If you like I can keep an eye out for the taller version of this while I'm down there.

Being in Fredericton also, it'd be easy to get it to you when I get back.

PM if you you would like me to do this.

:)

Knox

There's a light up Tinkerbell you can by from the outdoor carts in the evening at MK. It's got a pin on the back to pin it to things or you can hang it like an ornament. It has an on/off switch and the batteries are replaceable. It's bigger than the Tink you get on the straws. I think that might be what you were referring to.

they sold these from the carts in disney studios, in and around the fantasmic arena before the show.

Hey! I'm back from Disney - it was nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!!

One day on the bus from POP Century to the Magic Kingdom, I noticed a young woman with a light up Tinkerbell (approx. 3-5 inches tall) attached somehow to her back-pack. She was too far away for me to ask where she got it, so after that, the search began at the stores in the parks. Unfortunately, I came home with no Tinkerbell :sad2:

Does anyone know where it can be purchased? A co-worker of mine is going to Disney for the Christmas holidays and said she would buy it for me if I can tell her which store to go to...

Can anyone help? Thanks, fellow-DISers! :grouphug:

What a coincidence! I was just talking to DS today about getting DDIL one to replace the one she got and then he accidently closed the car trunk on. She got hers from a drink at Coral Reef-I think it was a specialty drink, but non-alcoholic. So that's where I'm headed Friday!

Here is the photo of the tinkerbell

tink.jpg

I got one for my daughter at Hollywood Studios for $10. They had them on the uh...well..the best way to describe them is old time cigarette carriers. The CMs walk around with them hanging off their necks?? I hope that helps-if you are going -if not-I have no idea how to order them:confused3 .

We actually have a few from our last trip. They were on our drinks-tink & cpt. hook. We got them at the Wave (Cont) & Capt Jacks (DD). I'm sure they are at most restaurants-I think the drinks were more expensive than typical soda drinks. My husband has 1 of ours in a lantern! We also gave 1 of each away while riding back to our resort to 2 kids-they were admiring them & since we already had some...we gave them away-they were thrilled! Ours were light up ones-no color to them like a few posts back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter