HELP - Looking for DDP Suggestions!

Lori72

Earning My Ears
We have 5 nights booked at POR. We are on the DDP with 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack p/p. Travelling with my husband and 8 yo son, and 5 yo daughter.

We hope to book CRT and I know that takes 2 TS credits so will have to watch our TS options.
We also hope to eat at Ohana's and perhaps Tusker House. Looking for some suggestions on alternate CS/TS places or creative ways to maximize our dining plan credits.

Thanks in advance!!

We have 5 nights booked at POR. We are on the DDP with 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack p/p. Travelling with my husband and 8 yo son, and 5 yo daughter.

We hope to book CRT and I know that takes 2 TS credits so will have to watch our TS options.
We also hope to eat at Ohana's and perhaps Tusker House. Looking for some suggestions on alternate CS/TS places or creative ways to maximize our dining plan credits.

Thanks in advance!!

My best advise is to share CS meals. Especially since they don't make you get kids CS meals, you could easily split 2 CS meals between 4 people and so cover breakfast and lunch (or any combo of breakfast/lunch/dinner) with the 4 CS you get each day. Then everyone gets their own TS Meal. If anyone is still hungry, you could supplement with snack credits. Adult DD and I do this all the time. Never been hungry. Also if you don't want the rather unappealing desserts that often accompany CS meals, you can ask for prepackaged fruit. Good to munch while waiting in line

Bring your own breakfast (or have things delivered to your resort). We ship or pack kids cliff bars, single serve cereal, 100% juice boxes, etc. We can get out the door more quickly in the morning and we aren't wasting credits on breakfast.

If you plan to go to DTD any night dinner at WPE in the Marketplace is a great use of a CS credit. You can split a pizza & one of the pasta dishes with your children and save their CS. We pay OOP and usually share a waffle and cereal (or I get a yogurt granola parfait and eat an ear ) at the food court for breakfast. Since it is only the 2 of us( using DME) a service like Garden Grocer isn't worth it but if you want to do breakfast in the room it might pay for you (unless you are driving and can stop by a supermarket)

I think splitting CS meals is a great plan. We always share so that we are not eating too much at any one meal, and then feeling lethargic in the parks. My DD and her DH like a "real" breakfast so we generally hit the CS in the resort and order a few of the bounty platters, whatever that happens to be at the resort. I don't care for much in the morning, so I will have a little of their meals, maybe a piece of sausage and some of whateve is on the plate. My DGD does the same becasue she is not fond of too much in the morning. We almost always share lunches in the parks, some of those restaurnats have large portions, and when you add the dessert, you have a huge meal.

In the MK, my DDIL and I are planning on sharing lunch. WE have an ADR at BOG, and while I love the braised pork, it is huge! AT Cosmic Rays there are combination platter, ribs and chicken with a potato and veg, that is more than enough for even the healthiest of two appetites to share. Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbor House also offer generous portions.

In DHS there are several QS that have generous portions. We have not eaten at ABD COmmissary in quite some time, but I remember some interesting meals on the menu. I als saw that Fairfax Fair had larger meals on their menu. We ended up at the Backlot Express twice last time because my DH was craving burgers, and theirs were really good. When you add their gynormous delicious cupcakes, my starving DSIL and I shared that meal!

I know that you are looking for CRT, and I think that on the dining plan, dinner is the best value there, but in the event you cannot get the ADR you want, look at other special 2 credit meals. I think the best signature dining value is Narcoossess in teh Grand Floridian. My friend and I were paying OOP, but we ordered the $77 lobster and steak dinner and asked to split it in the kitchen. It was still plenty for both of us, and we had no room for their luscious desserts, which we ended up having to take to the resort with us. You could plan dinner to be timed with WIshes, and that in itself is special.

1900 Park fare in the Grand is a buffet meal that features the Tremaine family and Cinderella and Prince Charming. The stepsisters are a hoot and your daughter will stil get her CInderella fix.

If you want to pay one meal OOP, think about 'Ohana in the Poly. This breakfast is one of the best values if you are paying and features Stitch, Lilo, Pluto and I think MIckey. The food is AYCTE, and is brought to your table. If you choose this meal, you could plan it on a day when you are going to a park later rather than at RD, and you could skip lunch altogether. It is plenty of food, and fairly inexpensive as far as character meals go.

Thanks all. Advice is very helpful! Splitting CS meals is definitely a fantastic idea that I never thought of!

Some people recommend Akershus over CRT - it's only 1 credit and you get to meet the princesses.

when we go to CRT we pay OOP and save our TS for other nights. seems worth it to us, even when we dont get the DDP free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter