HELP! (long)

Ana~n~Joseph

I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met M
I have a sort of strange situation that I'll be facing next week.

My husband and I are going with our friends and their little girl so we'll be a group of 5. DH and I have our own reservations and our friends have theirs; we are all on the DDP.

I've made reservations for us - tables of 5 at various restaurants. Now, we want to eat at Cali Grill on our last night so we will need 2 TS each for that... fine. DH and Friend #1 will have plenty of credits since they will have an extra credit; myself, Friend #2 and child will not have enough credit unless we pay out of pocket for one TS meal.

I've decided to pay for Crystal Palace out of pocket for myself, friend and child. However, would this be too confusing for the waitress since DH and friend #1 will be using their DDP credits?

Does that make any sense? I don't want her to mess up and then take away three additionaly credits that I'll desperately need for Cali Grill.

Also, since we each have our own reservation would giving the waitors two cards be too confusing for them? Is there any way we can combine them when we get there? We are staying at POP btw.

Any input would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry this is so long.

Thanks.
ana

NO, the waitress should be fine. Many times they get multiple cards paying for the meal with DDP credits. We always have 2 sets of cards as we need 2 rooms, (family of 6). Just explain to the waitress before the meal that you will be using x TS credits or paying OOP for x meals. You can mix it up, they are really are quite helpful. And check the paperwork at the end to make sure it was all done correctly.

NO, the waitress should be fine. Many times they get multiple cards paying for the meal with DDP credits. We always have 2 sets of cards as we need 2 rooms, (family of 6). Just explain to the waitress before the meal that you will be using x TS credits or paying OOP for x meals. You can mix it up, they are really are quite helpful. And check the paperwork at the end to make sure it was all done correctly.

Thanks. I feel better about it now.

Ana, as a Commando I feel that you can pull this off!! Cali Grill is very nice and you will like it. Did you see my trip report. I got some info and a pic from the Grill.

Have fun next week. TLinus is there now and so is Tig.

It should be no problem. The servers seem to be quite good at dividing up tabs for large groups. Each time I have had 2 hotel rooms (for parties of 7) they have divided up the meal credits based on who is in each room. So even when we were all together, we still had to give the server 2 seperate cards. We never had any difficulties.

Nothing you describe should be a problem. Just let your server know up front that you need 2 checks and who will be using DDP vs OOP so they can enter things into the computer correctly the first time instead of taking the time to go back and redo everything. It'll make their (and your) life easier in the long run. :)

You might want to pay OOP for Cali Grill instead of Crystal Palace for the child. Signature dining is rarely the best value for child TS credits. The actual dollar cost of the two meals would be very close. If you were doing any TS for breakfast I would pay for those OOP since they are cheaper than the dinners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter