• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Logistics question!!!

clemsondisneygirl

Mouseketeer
I need some suggestions for the best options for 5 adults and where to stay. We are open to two rooms but preferably not at a deluxe. Biggest problem is the cast of characters: mom, dad, sister (24), me (26), and my bf (30). We are traditional southern people so bf and I sharing a bed is not an option...

So suggestions about how to room these 5 people would be greatly appreciated!

I need some suggestions for the best options for 5 adults and where to stay. We are open to two rooms but preferably not at a deluxe. Biggest problem is the cast of characters: mom, dad, sister (24), me (26), and my bf (30). We are traditional southern people so bf and I sharing a bed is not an option...

Not sure what your budget is, but if you wanted everyone in one room, a deluxe CL room at the WL or BWI would work. The WL deluxe room has a living room with a queen pull out sofa that is separated from the bedroom with french doors, with the bedroom having 2 queens. BWI deluxe rooms (they are CL) accommodate 6, with those rooms having 2 queens and a queen pull out sofa as well (although it's all one room with no separation). Other options would be 2 rooms at any moderate or value, or a 2 bedroom villa. I think AKV 1 bedrooms accommodate 5, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone can verify that or correct me if I'm wrong. FW Cabins might be an option. I know those accommodate 6, but we've never stayed there, so I'm not sure how that's configured as far as beds. HTH :).

Budget is negotiable because we generally like the pampering and benefits of the deluxe resorts. Right now I'm trying to weigh the price options between 2 moderate rooms and one deluxe room...we've never stayed/booked CL anywhere before though. Can you do that from the website like any other room?? For the last few years I have been the designated planner for my family's trips (because i'm the most disney obsessed) but there are certainly still things I don't know about the world!

If you rent points you can go for a one bedroom at OKW and then your parents can have one queen bed, you and your sister can share the other one and your bf can have the pull out in the living room. That only gives you one bathroom though and that is awkward with 5 adults, but you will have more than enough room. The 1 bedroom at BLT has two bathrooms I think, but will cost more than OKW. You can technically fit 5 people in POR, but I'm not sure of the size of the 3rd bed for an adult and you are still stuck with one bathroom.

If you go with two rooms you solve the bathroom issue, but how will you separate the people based on you and your bf not being allowed to share a bed?

If you go for a cabin in Fort wilderness your parents can share a full sized bed and you and your sister can each stay in a bunk and then your bf can have the pull down in the living room - still only one bathroom, but at least you have more room to spread out.

Well, you could always go for two rooms at the POR. Your mom and dad could share one bed, and you, your sister, and your bf would all have separate beds. There would be 2 bathrooms so it would solve THAT problem. If you all share a standard room at the Poly then you and your sister could share a bed, your mom and dad could share a bed, and your bf could have the pull out couch. But there would only be one bathroom and it might get kind of crowded, so I'd go with two moderate rooms. Good luck :)

Budget is negotiable because we generally like the pampering and benefits of the deluxe resorts. Right now I'm trying to weigh the price options between 2 moderate rooms and one deluxe room...we've never stayed/booked CL anywhere before though. Can you do that from the website like any other room?? For the last few years I have been the designated planner for my family's trips (because i'm the most disney obsessed) but there are certainly still things I don't know about the world!

Yes, you can book CL rooms online. With that said, if your budget allows, CL is great, IMO. When we stay CL we don't do it for the food offerings, but more for the lounge and having some place else to go and relax instead of in the room or other places around the resort (which could come in handy for your family if you choose one room at a deluxe). The deluxe rooms at the WL and BWI do get pricey, but depending on how much you are wanting/willing to spend, can sometimes be doable with a good discount (although WL deluxe CL rooms are sometimes hard to come by discounted). As the pp said, the Poly would be a great choice for everyone in one room as all rooms come with 2 queens and a daybed (as does the CR, and most rooms at the GF) if you didn't want to spend extra for a deluxe room/CL.

Don't forget, if you get one room, you will pay the extra adult fee times three for each night of your stay. You'd be better off with family suites, Fort Wilderness cabins or DVC villas because they don't charge the extra adult fee. If you get two rooms, you'd only pay one extra adult fee.
If you rent points you can go for a one bedroom at OKW and then your parents can have one queen bed, you and your sister can share the other one and your bf can have the pull out in the living room. That only gives you one bathroom though and that is awkward with 5 adults, but you will have more than enough room. The 1 bedroom at BLT has two bathrooms I think, but will cost more than OKW. You can technically fit 5 people in POR, but I'm not sure of the size of the 3rd bed for an adult and you are still stuck with one bathroom.

If you go with two rooms you solve the bathroom issue, but how will you separate the people based on you and your bf not being allowed to share a bed?

If you go for a cabin in Fort wilderness your parents can share a full sized bed and you and your sister can each stay in a bunk and then your bf can have the pull down in the living room - still only one bathroom, but at least you have more room to spread out.

There isn't any OKW one bedroom with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The one bedroom villa at OKW has one king bed in the master bedroom, a queen sleeper sofa in the living room and a twin sized sleeper chair in the living room.

BLT and AKV (not Jambo House Value Villas though) each have a one bedroom villa that has the same set up as OKW, but they also have the extra bathroom in the living room. But they require more points, so you will pay more. And you will need to pay pretty much in full and there is no cancellation for DVC rentals.

POR has two queen beds and the small murphy bed (larger than crib sized, but smaller than a twin -shorter, too). But here you'l pay an extra $45 a night for the three extra adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter