Help! Lisa Pena or Beaute Special?

Keira1387

Married at Disney August 2, 2008
Girls, I need your help. I was planning on using Lisa for my hair and makeup, but I am hearing some negetive things about her. What have been your experiences with them? Also, does Beaute Speciale travel to the hotel room? Thanks for the help!

i'm using beaute speciale and she is coming directly to our hotel room...i have heard bad things about lisa as well...

I used Lisa three times last year (once for wedding, MK shoot and the other time was the engagement shoot) I heard a lot of bad things too and was a little weary but in all honesty she was great, really nice lady.

I used Ana from Beaute Speciale for my hair/makeup, and I used Lisa Pena for my mom, MIL, and MOH's hair/makeup.

Ana was fabulous and I definitely recommend her (she does come to your room). I did not have a good experience with Lisa at all and would not recommend her.

I used Ana and loved her. She was at our room at 4am, all bright and chipper to do my hair and makeup for the MK shoot before our 10am wedding. We were married August 1st and I was concerned about the makeup sweating off and hair frizzing up...everything stayed put wonderfully until I took it off well after midnight !

You might also want to consider Anna from Makeover Magic. I used her - she came to me room and did me and all of my bridesmaids. I really loved her.

I was one of the people who wasnt happy with Lisa Pena. If you want my TR to read about it let me know and ill post the link.

Thank you all for all of your replies so far!

You might also want to consider Anna from Makeover Magic. I used her - she came to me room and did me and all of my bridesmaids. I really loved her.

I think I will also look into Makeover Magic. I am open to anyone right now.

Maggimus:
If you get a chance I would love it if you could post you TR! Also I know this is off topic, but I wanted to tell you we are using Randy!!! I talked to him Friday for 30 mins, and I already feel comfortable with him. I faxed our contract over yesterday. Thanks for all the info about him.

Thank you all for all of your replies so far!

I think I will also look into Makeover Magic. I am open to anyone right now.

Maggimus:
If you get a chance I would love it if you could post you TR! Also I know this is off topic, but I wanted to tell you we are using Randy!!! I talked to him Friday for 30 mins, and I already feel comfortable with him. I faxed our contract over yesterday. Thanks for all the info about him.

How awesome!! Tell him I said hello. I LOVE Randy! He is the easiest person to warm up to. You will feel so relaxed.

Here is my TR. Once its over... and more comments are there I start responding more about my experience with Lisa and explain more in photos!

Hope this helps :)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1284784&pp=15

I used Lisa, She was very nice and did exactly what I wanted...in fact better. She also did my niece and mother....both of their hair looked good too! I think that you just have to go with your gut. No matter waht your day will be great.

I used Lisa for my wedding day. She was really nice, came to the room, and did most of what I asked for.

However, I have our Anniversary MK shoot coming up and I am using Ana from Beaute Speciale. I have looked at her portfolio and it is more in line with what I want.

Whatever you choose, you will look beautiful on your day.

I used Lisa and while my hair turned out..OK...it wasn't exactly what I asked for! She was a nice lady, but if you decide to use her---tell her exactly what you are looking for and even try to show her as many pictures as possible!

She tends to do the same, cookie-cutter type of hairstyle on most everyone if you don't tell her something different!

Idealy, I would have wanted someone to take my facial structure and me in general into consideration before plastering a hairstyle up!

I used Lisa for my hair I did my own makeup as I dont really trust anyone in that department and didnt want to run the risk of looking like a killer clown on my wedding day :0)

But as far as the hair goes she did everything perfect I couldnt have asked for more really, I took her a picture and my hair extentions and she worked her magic I was really impressed.

I'm sure what ever decision you make will be the right one for you and you'll look lovely on your special day.:goodvibes

Nicci

I used Lisa for myself and 8 other peope (bridal party and parents) everyone was so thrilled she did an amazing job! She also had the best personality.

I think you just have to be very specific with any hair person- show pics and if you do not like the outcome make sure they change it!

If you're still open to all ideas, I suggest Patricia LeJeune. (www.lejeune-pca.com). I didn't want a cookie-cutter hairstyle or makeup, and she worked with me to get exactly what I wanted. :thumbsup2

I appreicate all of your suggestions, and I am still open to any ideas. Thanks for all the comments! Keep 'em coming!

I've decided to book Ana from Beaute Speciale. So far they have been great, they answered all my questions and always get back to me right away.

We hired Lisa. Satisfied with her work. She's friendly and approachable. I wouldn't say she's very creative .

I had Lisa, she was nice but my hair was falling apart by the end of the cake reception at 1pm. My hair is not thin, it holds hairstyles very well but for some reason she just didn't do a good job. It was a basic updo. My makeup was great though.

Alright Ladies,
Thank you for all of your suggestions and input! I just booked Ana with Beaute Speciale. She can't guarantee that it will be Ana, but she said most likely it will be. The only thing that makes me nervous is that she does not require a deposit. I just don't feel completly locked in. I'm sure it will all be fine. And, I printed the confirmation just in case. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter