• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help, last minute trip & now changes = I'm falling apart!

JenntheRN

Earning My Ears
I have a last minute chance to go to Orlando and I decided to do it. I have a mobility disorder and I will be renting a scooter for the parks (two days, but not together). My 16 yo daughter and I are staying off-site and will have a rental car. I was planning on using the hotel shuttle, but after checking with them and learning the times, I realized I will end up driving to the parks.

So my questions: where do I park? How much is parking? We want to visit the different Disney resorts to see the Christmas decorations--can off-site guests use the transportation to the hotels and stuff? (In case it matters, we will be going to MK and to Epcot.)

I have a last minute chance to go to Orlando and I decided to do it. I have a mobility disorder and I will be renting a scooter for the parks (two days, but not together). My 16 yo daughter and I are staying off-site and will have a rental car. I was planning on using the hotel shuttle, but after checking with them and learning the times, I realized I will end up driving to the parks.

So my questions:

1where do I park?

2How much is parking?

3We want to visit the different Disney resorts to see the Christmas decorations--

4can off-site guests use the transportation to the hotels and stuff? (In case it matters, we will be going to MK and to Epcot.)

1 you can park any where you want that guest are allowed to park

2 $20 you can pay extra to have preferred ( I think it is $5 more)

3 some resorts have very nice decoration at Christmas you will enjoy it a lot

4 yes off site guest can use transportation so if you want to go to a Disney hotel just tell the security guard that you wnat to visit. a few of the deluxe resorts have a two hour limit to non hotel guest so it might be best to take a buss to these ( the one close to the parks and the ones at the board walk are some that could do the 2 hour limit )

Great! Thank you!! I was at Disney back in 2012, but I spent months and months planning and we stayed on site. This trip came about last week and the anxiety is getting me today.

If you have a disabled parking placard, you can park in the disabled parking at the TTC. When you pay for parking, just ask about disabled parking and they will instruct you to follow the blue line painted on the right side of the lane to disabled parking.

If you have a disabled parking placard, you can park in the disabled parking at the TTC. When you pay for parking, just ask about disabled parking and they will instruct you to follow the blue line painted on the right side of the lane to disabled parking.

So I just want to make sure, the disabled parking is as close as the "preferred", but not requiring the "preferred" extra rate. Is that right?

If you do have a parking placard that will get you free valet parking at the Deluxe resorts. Instead of parking and using transportation you could just drive to visit each resort and have them valet your car.

There is a small chance that during high season a valet lot may fill up but at that point you could just move to another resort or parking area or ask to self park. I don't know of any time limits on valet for the handicap parking. We only used it one trip and pretty much didn't get a limit but there is always the possibility, but you could play that by ear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter