Help....last minute April 2015 Honeymoon trip

Pipser

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, my fiance and I are getting married April 11th and we have been fortunate enough to have been given a 4 day stay at the Orange Lake Resort so naturally we are going to Disney :dance3:

I have only been once back in 2010 and since all of the changes with MyMagic+ and Magic Bands I have been trying to keep up but because this is last minute I'm not prepared. So here is what I have so far. We are arriving on the 13th and the resort is booked until the 17th. We definitely want to do Magic Kingdom and Epcot as I believe Flower and Garden should be going on at that time. We are traveling from the Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago to be exact so I am looking to buy my tickets from the "Official Ticket Center" website and have them deliver it to the resort. (This is what we did back in 2010) If anyone can suggest a better way to go please feel free to share.

Should we rent a vehicle or just use the resort transportation?
I don't think we are going to do any dining reservations but should I or can I get Fast Passes with a My Disney Experience account?

Anything else that anyone can suggest is more than welcomed at this point. All I can think right about now is that we are going back to Disney
party:

Thanks!

Set up a My Disney Experience account. It would be best to get your tickets sooner rather than wait until you arrive. As soon as your tickets are linked to your MDE account, you'll be able to book FPs 30 days before each day of park visits. We always rent a car when we stay on and offsite. That way you can tour as you please especially because it will be your honeymoon!

Agree that you should consider going ahead and having tickets shipped to you so you can make FP+ reservations. I believe you have to have the tickets in order to make FP+ reservations. There is a great thread on here abt how to prioritize FP+ but the link escapes me.

If you decide you want to do any dining I would try to get reservations ASAP. F&G is really beautiful. You have enough time that I would recommend visiting all the parks.

I would rent a car. If you were staying on site, I wouldn't bother, but offsite transportation is not as reliable. We once stayed offsite at a place that advertised free transportation. But it only had one drop off and one pickup time daily and they only dropped off at Epcot. Then you had to take transportation from there to your desired park. Needless to say, we never made a rope drop and there were a lot of days we would have liked to leave earlier and couldn't. Not worth the money saved. Now if we stay offsite we get a car!!!

Congratulations!

Sorry I haven't been back since. Had to complete something called an Engaged Encounter Weekend which couple who are getting married in the church must attend. Left on Friday and came back yesterday and now getting a chance to check on the thread. Thanks for the advice, I see that prices went up as expected. Based on the feedback so far, I'm going to order the tickets before and set up the My Disney Experience account. From the looks of it as well I think we are going to fly into Ft. Lauderdale, rent a car and drive to Orlando. That way the flight will be cheaper, we'll have a car to move around with and after the stay at the resort we can take a few days in Ft. Lauderdale before we head back.

Thanks cyndylou for the congrats and thanks everyone for the advice so far. I'll post some updates as I go along and more than likely some more questions :)

Sorry I haven't been back since. Had to complete something called an Engaged Encounter Weekend which couple who are getting married in the church must attend. Left on Friday and came back yesterday and now getting a chance to check on the thread. Thanks for the advice, I see that prices went up as expected. Based on the feedback so far, I'm going to order the tickets before and set up the My Disney Experience account. From the looks of it as well I think we are going to fly into Ft. Lauderdale, rent a car and drive to Orlando. That way the flight will be cheaper, we'll have a car to move around with and after the stay at the resort we can take a few days in Ft. Lauderdale before we head back.

Thanks cyndylou for the congrats and thanks everyone for the advice so far. I'll post some updates as I go along and more than likely some more questions :)

I own at Orange Lake and it is a BIG resort! Good thing you will be getting a car. You will need it. I've never used OL's transportation, but I believe you have to pay for it and the schedule is not the greatest!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :-)

Make sure once you get there to head to Town Hall and get your "Happily Ever After" pins. It makes the honeymoon experience that much sweeter!

Make sure once you get there to head to Town Hall and get your "Happily Ever After" pins. It makes the honeymoon experience that much sweeter!

Thanks Ashley, I will definitely be doing that :)

Anyone have advice on the best seats for Cirque du Soleil? I know they say every seat is a great seat but I could use some honest feedback from anyone who has gone. Not looking at the Front & Center or the Golden Circle seats....way too expensive.

Thanks

I own at Orange Lake and it is a BIG resort! Good thing you will be getting a car. You will need it. I've never used OL's transportation, but I believe you have to pay for it and the schedule is not the greatest!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :-)

Thanks, you are the second person to tell me that the resort is huge and I like the idea of having my own vehicle to move around with. Do the tickets still allow multiple entry to the same park on the same day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter