• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP Just arrived and so unhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
my wife and I seem to think that OP is sitting in her living room making up a good story.......Disney nickles and dimes you, not the other way around.

my wife and I seem to think that OP is sitting in her living room making up a good story.......Disney nickles and dimes you, not the other way around.

I thought about that, but I think the OP would be posting a lot more, making the story more dramatic, if in fact it were fake. Hopefully, she's out at the parks with her family, and hasn't had time or the inclination to update a message board. :happytv:

I'm going to post a different point of view on this whole thing. I've stayed at Values many times even during these competitions and NEVER had a problem.

The problem with tickets was her own doing.

If she had a room and air package with SWA then she did not have tickets through the package. When she checked into the hotel, regardless if her room was ready, she would have gotten her KTTW cards. She could have then gone over to resort concierge, bought tickets, and added them to her card!!

Then she could have left for the parks. For goodness sake, it is 10:30 in the day!! Yes cheerleaders are going to practice and cheer at 10:30.

I bet by the time she got back from the parks that evening, things would have been a lot calmer!!

The Value resorts ARE NOT a place to relax and enjoy a quiet vacation. They are a hotel, a bed, a shower, and a food court. We stay at the values when the parks are our main focus. (Otherwise, we're at the campground).

We have NEVER used the food court as our main dining place. Barely have an occasional breakfast there.

Oh, and as far as segregating the "groups". They are segregated, at All-Stars!! That is the main resort for those groups. There is even a dedicated group check-in facility in the parking lot of Sports for those groups.

I don't stay at the values (I don't stay at the Disney resorts anymore), but wow to that comment. Families should be entitled to peace and quiet on their vacation after a reasonable hour regardless of what they pay.

I think it's ridiculous to assume that just because a person chooses to stay at a cheaper resort (whether it be a motel on Idrive or a value at Disney) they are doing so because they want a bed and a shower. Values for some people are all they can afford and are the best vacation spot ever.

I agree with one of the other posters that Disney should create a specific area or resort for what appears to be obnoxious teen sports groups. Not only will it assist in the complaints from regular guests, it will probably cut back on the potential damage these groups cause to the resorts.

I also think the sports groups chaperones/adults should be held responsible for any bad behavior. It doesn't appear to be the case right now.

Honestly, good for you, but just because you can't afford a mod or a deluxe doesn't mean you should be forced to go commando. Or that you should have to go to a different hotel for some peace and quiet. How offensive.

Who said we go commando?? I've spent hours sitting in a rocking chair at Wilderness Lodge. Spent hours laying in a hammock at Polynesian with an umbrella drink. Disney World is 42 square miles. Your resort is only a small portion of that 42 square miles. I could also afford a deluxe if I wanted to, I just don't. I'm not trying to be obnoxious or offensive. The different resorts were designed for different levels of vacations, and therefore, different levels of "relaxation". Plain and simple the values are simply not as relaxing as the other resorts.

There are 1800+ rooms at each of the values on x amount of acres. The deluxes and mods have a lot fewer rooms in somewhat the same amount of space (give or take a few acres), (not scientific by any means) That is a lot of people in a small amount of space.

I also find that a lot of dissatisfaction that folks have with Disney is due to poor planning and preparation and unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying the OP is wrong for being unhappy with the situation, far from it. But poor planning and unrealistic expectations may have contributed to the situation.

I truly apologize if I've upset or offended anyone.

I also find that a lot of dissatisfaction that folks have with Disney is due to poor planning and preparation and unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying the OP is wrong for being unhappy with the situation, far from it. But poor planning and unrealistic expectations may have contributed to the situation.

I guess I missed the part where a CM on the reservation line (or the disney website) clearly states, "If you can't afford one of our Mod or Deluxe resorts don't expect to have a quality resort where you can expect to enjoy or relax at all. And if you choose to stay at one of our values don't complain about the cheerleaders pouring drinks on your head."

Disney never implies that their values should just be somewhere to crash at the end of the day. If it really is a free for all where people can be as obnoxious as they like with no consequences than shame on Disney. I've never stayed at a value before but I am just appalled at all these stories.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is what happens with us. We drive down to florida and usually arrive in the afternoon. Last time, we arrived before our room was ready, so we had to hang out in the gift shop/food court area until it was ready. (We could have gone anywhere, but we were tired from the drive and wanted to rest) Arrival day is the day we rest... parks don't start till the next morning. Don't want to waste a ticket on only half a day anyway. But other than that we are hardly at the resort. We can't really afford to move up to the mods or deluxes, but even if we could don't know if it would be worth the extra money (although I wouldn't turn down a free upgrade if one was offered). We have stayed at Pop twice now and wanted to try something else, sooo this year we are staying at All Star Sports. If we don't like it, we won't stay there again... but the main thing is to have a peaceful place to sleep between Disney days!!!

People never lie on the internet ...

:lmao:

I was thinking a bored 13 year old

And "dammit all these off topic posts making me come here to see!"

:lmao:

I'm going to post a different point of view on this whole thing. I've stayed at Values many times even during these competitions and NEVER had a problem.

I bet by the time she got back from the parks that evening, things would have been a lot calmer!!

The Value resorts ARE NOT a place to relax and enjoy a quiet vacation. They are a hotel, a bed, a shower, and a food court. We stay at the values when the parks are our main focus. (Otherwise, we're at the campground).

We have NEVER used the food court as our main dining place. Barely have an occasional breakfast there.

I have stayed at the values, maybe 7 or 8 times and found it relaxing and quiet all the times except the one time we accidentally found ourselves in the middle of Pop Warner. I didn't personally have any negative experiences with the girls themselves in terms of behavior but the cheering right outside my door... many many girls cheering at the top of their lungs, multiple groups until past 11:00 p.m. and starting again early in the morning, around 7, was truly, stunningly terrible. By the time the finally did stop at night our nerves were so rattled. I'm sure everyone's experience varies because we can't replicate anyone else's experiences but mine was miserable. If your experience was not miserable then perhaps the conditions were different.

I do believe that if there is going to be cheering at the resort and they are going to mix regular vacationers with cheer groups then the hours of practice should be more limited to be more considerate. Many people (like us at the time) have no clue that there is such a thing as cheerleading at a resort. People at the values have every bit as much a right to relax and yes, the values can be very relaxing. We love to walk around there. We recently stayed at CBR and plan to return there in August but if the values came with a fridge and a coffeemaker we probably would have been just as happy there.

Folks, please. Let's try something a little different this time and not attack and leap to silly conclusions about a poster who doesn't come back and provide an update.

The OP asked for advice. She got it. She told us how the situation was resolved. She's now off enjoying her vacation. Why spend precious vacation time posting updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter