HELP! june or july?

Zurgerific

Earning My Ears
We're considering visiting June 6 through June 13 or holding off untill July.
Is there a significant difference in the crowds between those 2 periods ? The official schedule would lead me to believe parks are less crowded before June 13th, based on park hours and spectromagic/fantasmic times.

We went in August last time and had a very trying time dealing with the crowd level . . . . .

The beginning of June is definetly a better time to go than July. The kids here in FL get out of school in May but most of the kids up north and elsewhere do not get out until the end of June around the 25 or later. So I think that contributes to the higher crowds after the first 2 weeks of June.

This will be our third trip during early June and we have found the crowds to be very manageable. The only time we experienced really big crowds is at MK on one of the few nights for Spectromagic and FITS. It does rain a little bit every day - maybe 15 or 20 minutes - then the Florida sun comes back out:sunny:

Last year, we went in mid-June ... only to encounter the worst rain ever! It poured every day, all day. OK, maybe there was a 2 hour break ... if we were lucky. I don't know if that's common or not for June ... but it did make for short lines, etc. as nobody really wanted to go out in the rain!

As far as crowds go, I would agree that early June would be better. We're in the Northeast and our kids are not getting out of school until at least the 18th, possibly later due to making up snow days.

The downside of June for us is the rain. We were there in June 02, around the 15-22 and it rained almost every day. Not the passing showers either, downpours all day. Even the hotel pool was closed because of the lightening. It made the crowds disappear but really wasn't much fun with 3 young kids and a double stroller!

June 1 - 7 will be "Gay Days" at Disney. It will be crowded and not necessarily a family atomosphere.

I'm not trying to create a debate. I don't personally have issue, but there are some that might.

We always have gone the first part of June and do just fine. It does usually rain some during our trip, in the afternoons. We have never lost a whole day to the rain. The crowds are there but we have always had good luck with FP and will contiue to go during this time of year.pirate: :)

I would choose early June hands down. July is so crowded and HOT. I can't emphasize enough that it is HOT!

:wave2: I agree early June shouls be fine! Look at us we are nuts - going in July!!! See Ya'll in the MK on the 4th !!!:earseek:

We usually go in July, but this year it looks like mid June. As far as the rain goes, I'll just say that last July while we were there, we had to do everything we wanted in the morning, because about 5 out of the 7 evenings we were there, it stormed. Just like another poster said, the pools were even closed due to lightening. Down south here, when it gets hot, which is June - August, you can just about count on rain if you are near the coast.

And I now understand while WL had plenty of rooms available mid June, school make up days up north. I was surprised when I called this late and could get my choice of rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter