Help! I've 'pulled a heidi'

DramaQueen

<font color=green>for the love of LEO!<br><marquee
for those of you who watch the hills...this situation might sound a bit familiar.

anyways...i am in desperate need of advice and any help i can get.

you all know that i an in a relationship with this awesome wonderful amazing guy whom i love with all my heart. we've been together for over a year.

anyways, we ALWAYS ang out together, always, it is always just me & him!
we sort of unintentionally severed ties with all of our other friends, because we are ALWAYS together.

anyways, now he is away at university, and he's made TONS of new friends and he's always out with them whenever I call.

and i'm at home, by myself, all the time.
and i sit around and mope and become increasingly jealous and frusterated all the time.
i've become completely dependant on him, and i'm taking time away from his friends.
I know i am being completely ridiculous and unreasonable, i should be happy for him that he's got new friends and he's having fun!!

I just REALLY need some advice...I don't know how to get msyelf out of this funk!! any advice would be wonderful/

That's tough. Try calling some of your old friends and making amends with them. I don't know your situation with school, but maybe go and try make new friends there, if you are going to a college or university.

Maybe try spending a weekend at his school and hangout with him and his friends. That way you'll be able to spend some time with your boyfriend, meet his friends, and even make friends with some of his friends.

It's tough when your friends go off to school and make new friends. Hang in there!! :hug:

I kind of did that as well. Not with my boyfriend (who doesn't exist). But I spend all of time, with my best friend. All of it. We don't have classes together anymore, so I'm trying to cope with having no friends in my classes, trying to make friends hopelessly.

haha i kinda know what you mean.. im a freshman in college too... my friends made tons of friends at their schools, but ive yet to make many.. im definitely working on it though... just make some friends.. talk to the people you sit around before class starts... if your dorming, itll be even easier since your constantly surrounded by people who can be friends... but on top of all, just hang out as much as possible.. i hang out with my highschool friends everyweekend still... but i must say.. he is a lucky guy to have someone who wants to be around him as much as you do... just go out there and make friends of your own and youll be fine

no please don't pull a Heidi!
I really don't know what type of advice to give you except this, :hug: hehe, I'm here for you!

Hmm.. I'm not sure.
Try making plans with your boyfriend before he has other plans & call up your old friends, & maybe make some new friends!
You could also hang out with your boyfriend & his friends, too.
Tell him you wanna meet them. :]

Good luck! :grouphug:

thanks guy for all of your advice! really helpful!

i'm not dorming, so it's tougher for me to make friends, i've made a few with the people who sit near me in class, but none that i know well enough to make plans with.
i have my graduation ceremony from high school (don't even ask why it's in october and not june...i havent a clue) and i'll get to see all my old friends (and my boyfriend!) so i'll be able to see whose still at home and whose away at school. I'll try to hang out with friends who are staying home as well.

I've planned to go to stay at his dorm for a weekend in october, so i can actaully meet all his new friends and not worry about who these people are when he talks about them.

i call him an awful lot, i'm trying to cut back.
it honestly pained me tonight to not call him right when i got home, but i realize he probably wants to spend some time with his new friends (as much as that's killing me) i realize i've got to let him have a chance to be in university and live that lifestyle.

but UGH is it ever killer!!!

thanks again for the advice & comments.

hopefully i'll get back in the swing of things and no longer be a spencerless heidi.

It must be so hard when you are so taken by someone like your boyfriend and have been with him for over a year now like you said. You must form close bonds with each other and want to be close with him all the time. And that is understandable. I would take the opportunity to try and re-connect with some of your highschool friends that are still around and hangout with them, but make sure you still give your time to your boyfriend. You don't want to lose that.

I kind of did that as well. Not with my boyfriend (who doesn't exist). But I spend all of time, with my best friend. All of it. We don't have classes together anymore, so I'm trying to cope with having no friends in my classes, trying to make friends hopelessly.

Im in the same situation. My friends and I have all been split up this year. I'm too shy to strike up a conversation with someone, so it's a bit hard to make friends.

I understand what you mean about your boyfriend. I've been with my boyfriend around 6 months now and when he went on holiday in July with his friends for 2 weeks I was completely lost without him. And as I said, now I'm not with any of my friends anymore in college, we even have different timetables and aren't in college at the same time now, I only ever talk to them over MSN occasionally. Since I started dating my boyfriend I've seen less and less of my friends as I spend any out of college time with him.

It's hard making new friends, but I'm sure you'll be fine :)

hey caitlin, get on msn if you need to vent. I understand where you're coming from better than most. :hug: :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter