Help! Its been forever!

MINNIE OF TWO MICE

WE LOVE EARNING OUR EARS
We are finally making our way back to the "World" after five years away. It is a last minute trip to be with my sisters. By the time I reserved my room and tickets I could only get reservations for Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I love all of the parks and would really like to make it to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I want to go to Hollywood Studios more for Toy Story Land as it opened after our last trip than for the new Rise of Resistance. I would like to do both. I want to go to Magic Kingdom just because I cant imagine not walking down Main Street at least once.

It will be just my adult daughter and I for two days and the other days I will be with my sisters. With everything changing and all of the restrictions are there any extra new little things that we may enjoy? We are going at the end of April. (The weekend after the cheer competition)

How many days will you be there for? Are you staying on property? Do you have Park Hoppers? I would go ahead and reserve for the parks that are available. Keep checking for the parks you want and you can change f they are available.

Yes, reserve the parks that are available and if you have PH option then just go to the other parks after 2pm. No reports of guests being turned away.

Slinky dog is IMO has a lower wait time in the evenings. We rode 3 times 45 minutes one night and that included a ride on Mickey and Minnies Runaway RR.

If you have a park hopper, you can park hop to Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Adam the Woo (YouTuber) just showed himself doing that this past week. He wanted to go to Magic Kingdom, but there weren't any park reservations available, so he got one for Hollywood Studios, checked in there and walked around until he could park hop and was able to get into Magic Kingdom.

We are finally making our way back to the "World" after five years away. It is a last minute trip to be with my sisters. By the time I reserved my room and tickets I could only get reservations for Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I love all of the parks and would really like to make it to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I want to go to Hollywood Studios more for Toy Story Land as it opened after our last trip than for the new Rise of Resistance. I would like to do both. I want to go to Magic Kingdom just because I cant imagine not walking down Main Street at least once.

It will be just my adult daughter and I for two days and the other days I will be with my sisters. With everything changing and all of the restrictions are there any extra new little things that we may enjoy? We are going at the end of April. (The weekend after the cheer competition)
Few tips, book your park passes for Epcot and AK and if you add park hopper to your ticket or already have it on your passes, you can then hop to MK or DHS after 2pm. We made a last minute trip at the end of this month too and we booked for Epcot and plan to head to MK midday. Just a heads up, hopping to DHS won't allow you to get a boarding pass for ROTR since you don't have a park pass for DHS, so it takes you out of the virtual queue to secure the pass however you can still go and check out TSL and pretty much do everything else. Also, make sure you are familiar with mobile ordering. Pretty much all QS restaurants use it and if you aren't familiar with it, you will regret it. Have fun!

Just an FYI since you mentioned it, there's a cheer competition at WDW every weekend starting next weekend (the 17th-18th) through the 3rd weekend of May. 5 weekends in a row, with several days of each competition falling during the week as well.

How many days will you be there for? Are you staying on property? Do you have Park Hoppers? I would go ahead and reserve for the parks that are available. Keep checking for the parks you want and you can change f they are available.

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We have three day passes and I have already reserved the parks for those days. (Animal Kingdom two days and Epcot one day) I do have park hoppers.

Yes, reserve the parks that are available and if you have PH option then just go to the other parks after 2pm. No reports of guests being turned away.

Slinky dog is IMO has a lower wait time in the evenings. We rode 3 times 45 minutes one night and that included a ride on Mickey and Minnies Runaway RR.
I so hope we are able to get in and ride these rides! Those are two rides at the rope of our list!

If you have a park hopper, you can park hop to Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Adam the Woo (YouTuber) just showed himself doing that this past week. He wanted to go to Magic Kingdom, but there weren't any park reservations available, so he got one for Hollywood Studios, checked in there and walked around until he could park hop and was able to get into Magic Kingdom.
Thank you! This gives me hope!

Few tips, book your park passes for Epcot and AK and if you add park hopper to your ticket or already have it on your passes, you can then hop to MK or DHS after 2pm. We made a last minute trip at the end of this month too and we booked for Epcot and plan to head to MK midday. Just a heads up, hopping to DHS won't allow you to get a boarding pass for ROTR since you don't have a park pass for DHS, so it takes you out of the virtual queue to secure the pass however you can still go and check out TSL and pretty much do everything else. Also, make sure you are familiar with mobile ordering. Pretty much all QS restaurants use it and if you aren't familiar with it, you will regret it. Have fun!
Thank you SO much for the tips. I will make sure we study up on the mobile ordering. When we go with my family, we always plan for months and have all of this taken care of. This trip we decided we have eaten at our favorites and may snack etc. I would love to go to Ohanas because it’s my favorite but we haven’t had any luck yet. I hope y’all have a great trip as well. Stay safe and have fun!

Just an FYI since you mentioned it, there's a cheer competition at WDW every weekend starting next weekend (the 17th-18th) through the 3rd weekend of May. 5 weekends in a row, with several days of each competition falling during the week as well.
I didn’t know that but it wouldn't have changed my mind. We are going for my nieces competition. It makes more sense that all the most of the value resorts are at capacity. I wouldn’t even want to think about the bus situation! I miss being on the monorail (Polynesian is my favorite and animal kingdom lodge is still on my wish list!) but we have the opportunity now to stay somewhere we haven’t before.

Thank you SO much for the tips. I will make sure we study up on the mobile ordering. When we go with my family, we always plan for months and have all of this taken care of. This trip we decided we have eaten at our favorites and may snack etc. I would love to go to Ohanas because it’s my favorite but we haven’t had any luck yet. I hope y’all have a great trip as well. Stay safe and have fun!
The way WDW is post covid is different but some of the differences and lack of advanced planning make it better. As far as Ohana I think it’s still closed and hasn’t reopened just yet.

Hi, haven't been in years...what is the cheer competition and how does it impact the parks? We are at Saratoga Springs...since it's DVC I'm assuming the cheer kids won't be at my resort, but what should I expect for the parks? I am there May 12-20 so I believe I will be impacted?

Thank you!

Hi, haven't been in years...what is the cheer competition and how does it impact the parks? We are at Saratoga Springs...since it's DVC I'm assuming the cheer kids won't be at my resort, but what should I expect for the parks? I am there May 12-20 so I believe I will be impacted?

Thank you!
They take place at ESPN, so the actual competitions won't have any affect on you. Most athletes and families stay at values or some of the moderates. The only competition that overlaps with you trip is D2 Summit May 13-15th. Some of the athletes may be there before and/or after those dates. You'll probably see them in the parks, but it really shouldn't have much of an affect on your trip.

Yes, Ohana is closed; Poly is undergoing renovations.

I think the Skyliner gondola system will be new to you. The hub is at CBR. You can access both HS and EPCOT on it. (One of those destinations requires a transfer at Riviera Resort). You can also go from HS to EPCOT. Gondolas load only one party per carriage.

The monorail still runs from TTC to MK, but not between EPCOT and MK.

The buses have resumed running between the parks. No bus to Disney Springs.

Parks allow entry (and some rides open) 45 - 60 minutes before the posted opening times. Buses do Not load full; allow plenty of time if trying to catch bus at high demand times.

Don’t be afraid when you see the long queues. They can take as long as the signs say, or they may be quicker. But they can be deceptive. And many of the wait times are way off. Sometimes it is better to skip a ride and come back later.

Lots of reports of heavy crowds / long lines after lunch for several hours and a much calmer / cooler / shorter wait experience at the end of the day.

Mobile ordering (forgive me if this a repeat) - dont wait until you are hungry to decide what you want to eat. You can, and probably should, place your order when you get to the park. They limit The number of orders they accept for each time slot, which gives you better availability to find a seat.

- make sure you have My Disney Experience on your phone. They notify you when your it’s your window. You can click “I’m here” before you get back to the restaurant, as it can still take 20 minutes before your food is ready.

Yes, Ohana is closed; Poly is undergoing renovations.

I think the Skyliner gondola system will be new to you. The hub is at CBR. You can access both HS and EPCOT on it. (One of those destinations requires a transfer at Riviera Resort). You can also go from HS to EPCOT. Gondolas load only one party per carriage.

The monorail still runs from TTC to MK, but not between EPCOT and MK.

The buses have resumed running between the parks. No bus to Disney Springs.

Parks allow entry (and some rides open) 45 - 60 minutes before the posted opening times. Buses do Not load full; allow plenty of time if trying to catch bus at high demand times.

Don’t be afraid when you see the long queues. They can take as long as the signs say, or they may be quicker. But they can be deceptive. And many of the wait times are way off. Sometimes it is better to skip a ride and come back later.

Lots of reports of heavy crowds / long lines after lunch for several hours and a much calmer / cooler / shorter wait experience at the end of the day.

Mobile ordering (forgive me if this a repeat) - dont wait until you are hungry to decide what you want to eat. You can, and probably should, place your order when you get to the park. They limit The number of orders they accept for each time slot, which gives you better availability to find a seat.

- make sure you have My Disney Experience on your phone. They notify you when your it’s your window. You can click “I’m here” before you get back to the restaurant, as it can still take 20 minutes before your food is ready.
THANK YOU! That was a wealth of information.

THANK YOU! That was a wealth of information.

And I thank all the posters who report back what they have experienced.

I just have a lot of time on my hands and a decent memory to put in down in an answer. (I’m planning my own visit for next month and am looking to see what’s changed since November).

The hub is at CBR. You can access both HS and EPCOT on it. (One of those destinations requires a transfer at Riviera Resort). You can also go from HS to EPCOT.
To clarify, no transfers needed at Riviera. You can just stay in your gondola and glide right through. You have the option to get off there, however.

Transfers occur only at the CBR hub:

There is a line that goes from AOA/POP to CBR, HS to CBR, and from EPCOT to CBR (and it's the Epcot line has the "pass through" station at the Riviera where people can optionally hop on or off).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter