Help! in paris right now

bunny

DIS Veteran
I am in Paris and want to go to Disneyland tomorrow. Can I buy the ticket deal tonight and use them tomorrow? it will only be 14 hours not 24. is that ok?

If it says you need to buy it at least 24 hours prior to arriving, don't take the risk.

You don't want to be disappointed. Just go to the park and pay the full price. Then have a great day, rather than standing outside the gate waiting for 10 more hours.

It is a bit late now but if you try to do a dummy booking you would soon find out if it's okay or not as it will show you the first available date that you can buy the ticket for

We did go on Monday and just bought tickets at the gate. We enjoyed it but not as much as Disney World. We got there kind of late and had a hard time getting Fast Passes. Also we were a bit surprised. We did not see one character. Do the characters not roam the parks? I don't think I will ever go back but am glad I went once. Also some of the places to eat closed at 7 even though the parks were opened until 11. My son is gluten free and it was really hard to find anything he could eat. He ate the same thing for lunch and dinner- a chicken salad. We tried an all you can eat buffet but didn't have reservations and did not want to wait 45 minutes. The food options are really limited.

We did go on Monday and just bought tickets at the gate. We enjoyed it but not as much as Disney World. We got there kind of late and had a hard time getting Fast Passes. Also we were a bit surprised. We did not see one character. Do the characters not roam the parks? I don't think I will ever go back but am glad I went once. Also some of the places to eat closed at 7 even though the parks were opened until 11. My son is gluten free and it was really hard to find anything he could eat. He ate the same thing for lunch and dinner- a chicken salad. We tried an all you can eat buffet but didn't have reservations and did not want to wait 45 minutes. The food options are really limited.

It's really odd re the characters as Miss Lumiere reported the following

We were there 12th-16th August. We met 26 different characters, and did the Photopass+ and ended up with 88 photos, 86 character and 2 ride photos. The Photopass characters were Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Donald, Daisy and Merida in the main park and Mickey and Buzz in studios. We also met Pinochio, Gepetto, Tigger, Eeyore, Abu, Genie, Timon, Rafiki, Smee and did the princess meal so met Cinderella and the prince, Aurora, Snow White and Perla and Suzie. Some we stumbled on by accident, others we found using social media or talking to people in queues. We were surprised at the lack of characters in the Studios, previously we have met most of the Stars and Cars before it was cancelled.

and I've seen Mary Poppins and the Penguins on Main st, Mickey and Minnie on the other side of the square, Daisy Duck near Caseys, Pooh near Plaza Gardens, Genie and Aladin neat the lamp and a couple from the Lion King near Hakuna Matata...I don't even like characters and I seem not to be able to avoid them :sad2:

In the high season which it is now it's always best to reserve a table if you want to really eat some where and not wait. Lots of people tend to eat either in the Village or in their hotels at night and then come back into the park for Dreams.

Did you stay for Dreams btw ?

GF is hard I know like getting Soy milk or anything vegan or even végé - They don't do anything out of the norm food wise in France as a whole. It has improved a bit over the past 10 years or so but it still has a long way to go I'm afraid :sad1:

Re the waiting 45 minutes - at least it was an option to wait! We were in WDW in May and I had to be online six months before we went to try and get reservations for the restaurants there. Even then I didn't get some of them! (Be Our Guest) I saw so many people being turned away because they didn't have a reservation at the restaurants. We tried to get an on the day reservation for O'hana (which is in the Poly not even in the parks for anyone who hasn't been) and we were told they had nothing before 9.30pm which was no good with our two small girls. (That was a standard family of four!) Waiting was not a recommended option as we were told we'd only get in if someone cancelled which very very rarely happened. There were few restaurants at WDW you didn't need a ressie for. DLP would be no different.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy it as much but I think if you're used to Disney World it probably wouldn't be able to live up to it anyway. WDW is so much bigger, with so much more in it to do - but then that's because MK is a bigger park and there are four parks to enjoy there! (Plus the water parks) Saying that, DLP has always and will always have a special place in my heart. Going to WDW certainly hasn't put me off going to DLP - I'll be back there in May! :banana::cheer2::cool1::bounce::jumping1: (Although I'd go back to WDW tomorrow if I had the money!)

As you say, at least you've been now!

From what I can tell, character meets aren't as structured or scheduled at DLP as they are at WDW. I hope to meet Jack and Sally but don't want to wait or search for characters that may be out and about. Whatever happens, happens!

From what I can tell, character meets aren't as structured or scheduled at DLP as they are at WDW. I hope to meet Jack and Sally but don't want to wait or search for characters that may be out and about. Whatever happens, happens!

Jack is a scheduled meet in Frontierland so you shouldn't have any problems finding him :)

You can pick up a programme as you enter the park and that will tell you the meet and greet times and locations. There are scheduled meets each day and then also other non scheduled ones which make it more exciting as you don't know who you might meet. Im really surprised at the previous comment about not seeing any characters all day as they are definitely out and about

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter