• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! I'm stuck

mickin

Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight
Im trying to get a single room for the night of 3-8-10, at a value resort. I am a FL resident so I tried to get a discount for that date. I checked on disneys main page and after going through all the steps for 4 people it says that its $121 for the all-stars and $133 for pop. The cm on the phone when I called reservations said that the normal rate for values for that time is $180. (that seems a bit high for values)

On mousesavers they say that the normal "rack rate" for that season was $125 for the values. If its supposed to be 30% off of that, then the room should be in the 80s.

So I dont know if mousesavers is wrong or the cm on the phone when I called reservations just didnt want to give me the discounted rate.

If anyone has any hints, suggestions or information it would be appreciated.

I have not heard of any of the values being that high. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
There is a calendar on the website that lists the prices for each hotel in the value, reg and peak seasons.
Maybe check that. I would link you but I am not sure where it is. I think if you go to the home page and go from "planning" you will find it somewhere.

The regular price is $105, or $140 for preferred. The discount is 25% off which would be $93.75 or $105 for preferred for Pop.

I just looked it up on Disney's website and for March (which is peak season), rack rate for a preferred room for 4 adults is $181 ($160 + tax) and a standard room for 4 adults is $164 ($145 + tax). There is a fee charged for each adult over the first 2, but I'm not sure if it's $10 or $15 each. Priced with 2 adults/2 kids, a standard room is $141 ($125 + tax) and a preferred is $158 ($140 + tax).

There is a charge of $10 per adult beyond 2 in the room.. so.. 141 + 20 + taxes - is precious closed to $180 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter