HELP! I'm being bombarded with junk faxes

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
I've got a 'work' fax machine at home and every day now I'm getting junk marketing stuff. It's such a waste of paper and ink! :mad: There are no headers (this should be made illegal here like it is in the States). How can I stop it?

Oh Deb I had this for a while a couple of years ago - so frustrating isnt it.

What I did, but I dont know if this would be feasable for you - is contact all my usual people who would possibly be faxing me, and asked them to just call me first to let me know they were faxing and then I would plug the fax in. Eventually the spam faxes stopped. Do you use a separate line for your fax - could this number be changed without too much hassle?

There was a number where you could register your phone to stop getting bombarded with nuisance phone calls, and one for registering your address for stopping getting junk mail - I wonder if there is one for Faxes too?

I am sure Bonzo had some info on this a while ago - would it be worth a PM perhaps?

sorry I can be of much help - but if I think or hear of anything I'll get back in touch.

Debbie,

Register your fax line with the Fax Preference Service - they are in the phone book and I am sure directory enquiries will give you the number.

I was getting bombarded by 'Rightt 2 Vote' dial tones, slimming aids, joke phone messages etc. I registered, and almost oll the junk faxes stopped within a couple of weeks.

Well worth doing and costs nothing.

Andrew

Hi Ya

We get a lot of these at work aswell. You nedd to call 0845 0700702 its the fax protection sevice. You just leave your details on their answering machine and takes about 28 to come into effect.

Hope this helps

Love Tracey

I hope you manage to get the faxes sorted out, Deb. I have been very pleased with the result of registering on the telephone preference service, so hopefully the fax one will be just as effective for you.

If only there was somthing similar for junk e-mails :rolleyes:..........

Thanks everyone. I've just registered. I know all about the TPS, but didn't realise there is also a FPS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter