Help! Ideas for August trip

zipnover

Earning My Ears
We are planning an August trip and I am looking for some ideas on which days to do what.

We will have 5 day park hoppers and we would also like to go to Knott's Berry Farm one day. We are not planning on renting a car so will rely on uber/lyft or public transportation.

We arrive on Sunday, August 20 and should arrive at PPH around 9:00 am and fly out on Saturday, August 26 at 10:30 pm.

So we are trying to decide the following:

1) Should we make Sunday a Disney park day or wait and do Disney Mon-Friday?
2) Which day should we go to Knott's? We were thinking possibly Sunday or Saturday for this.
3) With 5 Disney park days and one day at Knott's that still leaves us a day to decide what to do. So we are looking for ideas in the Anaheim area.

Last year we did our 5 day park hoppers at Disney and rented a car one day to go to Universal but we really don't want to do that again. We would have loved to get 6 day park hoppers because Disney is our favorite, but having to buy an additional single day ticket for 5 of us is a lot.

Any suggestions on how to structure our trip?

Any ideas help. Thanks!

I would check open and close times of all parks involved and get a feel from there first.

In the area they have the dinner shows, either a knights theme or a pirates theme, if thats something that interests you.

Currently, August 20th is the announced last day for the MSEP. So if you wanted to see MSEP, you would need to go to DL on Sunday (unless they announce an extension). Other than that, I would probably opt to go to slate Knott's Berry Farm into the middle of the trip (that way you can break up your Disney days, but still start and end at Disney).

You could consider renting a car just for your last day. That way you'd have a place for your luggage, flexibility to see local sights, and a way back to the airport. There is a car-rental agency on the west side of DTD.

I also like the idea of breaking up your Disney days with Knotts and other local stuff. It's nice to have a sleep-in day or two!

PHXscuba

We're going to be there the week before you, August 13-19. We plan to go to the parks on our arrival day (Sunday) and to the the beach on the Wednesday to break up the week, with the rest of the days being park days. We always like to add a beach day to our trips, it serves as our 'down' day!

For your free day you could go see an Angels baseball game in Anaheim, visit the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach or do a beach day.

The Pirates theme and Knight theme dinners in Buena Park are so much fun. You can also sometimes find reduced price tickets on Groupon for them.

The Queen Mary in Long Beach is also kinda cool. It also has some past Disney connections, which was fun to research. We also like Laguna Beach. Or you could just hang at the hotel and do DTD one day. Maybe see a movie there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter