• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help ID this character please!

Erin61082

Earning My Ears
2q8q5tv.jpg

This is a repost from the Disney Movies, Books board- but that one doesn't see as much action. Hoping some experts can weigh in!

Can you identify the goofy-looking character in this picture? I know Mortimer Mouse, but am stumped on who the other character is. The closest I have found are some old pictures of Dippy Dawg from the 30s.

This is from a 2008 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse "Look & Find" book.

Thank you for any help! It is driving my family crazy because we can't figure it out.

Sorry cannot help but we have the same book. We just call him "goofy's daddy" :)

That may be what we have to do too! :) Seems like such an obscure character to put in such a book, but maybe I am missing something...

Dippy Dawg was an early version of Goofy but he was missing pants for awhile.
My guess is that he is an older relative by the white facial hair. :confused3
His male older relatives are:
father = Goofy Sr
grandfather = Captain Goof-Beard
great great grandfather = Gooferamus T. Goofy

I haven't found hardly any pics after doing a google image search.
Good luck!

Thank you!! I have had trouble finding pics too. I agree it definitely seems like an older relative.

The book publisher says that it is Dippy Dawg, so I guess that is that. But I still have a problem with the fact that this guy has a mustache and is in the same universe as Goofy. :)

Thanks for all the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter