Help!!! I need comfortable sandals.

merappa

Earning My Ears
I have plans to return to Disney in August 2009. Everytime we go I usually wear sneakers for comfort but always end up getting a blister by the 2nd day. Then I am in discomfort for the remaining trip. Can anyone recommend a very comfortable walking sandal that I can try?:cool1:

Crocs are ugly but they are super comfortable. I tried them 3 trips ago and now I don't visit the park without them. Use Crocs for a day and try them out (just make sure you break them in before you use them at the park). Try them for 2 days then try your sneakers. You WILL notice a difference. I didn't feel any fatigue after a full day of walking around the parks. I did this for 7 days and never got tired of walking, or at least, my feet never hurt.

Keens are the best sandals I have ever worn. The have as much arch support as my good running shoes. I alternate them with my gym shoes, and never have sore feet!

Ditto on the Crocs. Be sure to read the fitting guide on the web site. I hear people complain that their Crocs aren't comfortable and it must be because they aren't fitted properly. Well fitted Crocs (regular beach style) will not rub anywhere, they aren't supposed to touch your feet on the sides, the front, or the strap.

I had an extended hospital stay and it seems like every hospital employee wore Crocs. Good enough for me!

Oh, and if you have any foot issues, check out CrocsRx. I broke my foot and now have to deal with metatarsalgia...CrocsRx are like walking on a cloud.

Scat

Crocs get my vote too because they don't rub any blisters on me and they are a little soft and more comfortable to walk on. They really absorb the shock of the road. This reminds me that I've got to get another Beach pair before our trip.

Another vote for Crocs. I actually bought my first pair at the airport and broke them in at the parks. No blisters!

I'll vote Crocs -- but I'll say that I couldn't get past the "ugly" factor until I found the Adaras. (At least I think that's what they're called, almost positive.) They're not so ugly, and actually kind of cute -- I've gotten a few compliments, and people are shocked that they're Crocs.

Check out the various styles on the website. I had a bit of trouble finding exactly what I wanted (style + color + size) at the kiosk at our local mall, but they did go "in the back" (I didn't know kiosks had 'in the back,' lol!) and find them for me.

I don't get along with Crocs. ;)

I've had great luck wearing my Converse. Last trip, I quit wearing my Crocs, wore my Converse instead and felt so much better!

I'm looking for something too and HATE the look of crocs....The Adaras I may be able to live with-thanks for the info!

My vote is for crocs too! I too thought they were so ugly until my DH bought me a pair last winter with the lining inside. I absolutely love them! They are so comfortable. You really should try them, they are great.

My vote is for crocs too! I too thought they were so ugly until my DH bought me a pair last winter with the lining inside. I absolutely love them! They are so comfortable. You really should try them, they are great.

I just saw the ones with the lining last week. OH MY! They were so soft, I've got to have a pair of those.

Clarks sandals. So comfortable. I where them every day in the parks. Very soft soles.

You know when you look back at old pictures from the 80's, 70's, or 60's and you say "what was I (were they) thinking??" That's what all will be saying about crocs!

I have 3 pairs of the Croc Capri Flip Flops (with cloth tops, not the rubber) and one pair of the wooley Mammoth Crocs & I love them. For our vacation in September this year all I took was the 3 pair of flips & traded them off depending on what color clothes I was wearing.....:goodvibes The wooley ones I wore last January @ DHS & MK and they were the most comfortable shoes I have ever had on my feet. Since I live in Florida I'm almost 24/7 in the flips & have never had back, foot or leg pain after spending 12+ hours in them. In August I spent 15hrs @ the MK wearing the flips & felt great!! A little soggy with the rain, but the feet felt fine. :cutie:

I love my fit flops from bath and body works. I switched off between those and my crocs, but if I only had one choice it would be my fit flops

I loved my chacos this year. I have problems with my feet and need alot of support, and these were great. Crocs make my feet HURT. Chacos do have to be broken in. I also used blister blocker to be safe. I may try keens or Earth shoes this year too. :thumbsup2

Oh, crocs, definitely crocs! I just ordered my sixth pair.... :teeth:

My husband and kids love the crocs but I just cannot do it. So I just bought a pair of Merrells that I LOVE! (THey are called Merell Encore). I am planning on using them for the bulk of my two week Disney trip this winter. Several of my girlfriends recc. them to me. And REI has them on sale right now. The don't rub at all. They stay on your feet because of the strap across the top. And they are great for water rides as well.

Keens are the best sandals I have ever worn. The have as much arch support as my good running shoes. I alternate them with my gym shoes, and never have sore feet!

I'll also vote for the Keens--and supposedly check out the youth sizes, some also fit women at about half the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter