• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! I need a recipe for Lemon Squares

jrnunzio3

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I am looking for a recipe for Lemon Squares. I lost my recipe. I know that I used to make it in a Jelly Roll pan. The recipe did not have coconut, but did have a crumb type of topping. I need to make this for a baby shower for someone at work. Can anyone help me? I did look at all of the recipes on www.allrecipes.com but none of them matched what I am looking for.
Thanks,
Jenny

Could this be it?:confused3

LEMON CRUMB BARS

15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan, greased. Oven at 350 degrees.

PART I:
1 (18 1/4 oz.) pkg. lemon cake mix
1/4 lb. butter, softened
1 egg
2 c. FINELY crushed saltine crackers (1/4 lb.)

Preheat oven. In large bowl - combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg, mix well (mixture will be crumbly). Stir in saltine crumbs. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 15 x 10 inch pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes (watch closely according to your oven).

PART II:
In 4 cup measure or small bowl combine:

1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 egg yolks
1/2 c. lemon juice
Yellow food coloring (optional)

Mix well. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Note below - top with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until firm. Cool. Cut into bars or small squares. Store covered at room temperature.

For those who like coconut - approximately 1/2 cup may be sprinkled over the creamy mixture - then add the reserved crumbs.

borrowing a picture from taste of home... :rolleyes1
exps37583_SD1115455D16A.jpg

Recipe from taste of home to go with the picture... ;)
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Lemon-Crumb-Bars

Could this be it?:confused3

LEMON CRUMB BARS

15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan, greased. Oven at 350 degrees.

PART I:
1 (18 1/4 oz.) pkg. lemon cake mix
1/4 lb. butter, softened
1 egg
2 c. FINELY crushed saltine crackers (1/4 lb.)

Preheat oven. In large bowl - combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg, mix well (mixture will be crumbly). Stir in saltine crumbs. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 15 x 10 inch pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes (watch closely according to your oven).

PART II:
In 4 cup measure or small bowl combine:

1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 egg yolks
1/2 c. lemon juice
Yellow food coloring (optional)

Mix well. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Note below - top with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until firm. Cool. Cut into bars or small squares. Store covered at room temperature.

For those who like coconut - approximately 1/2 cup may be sprinkled over the creamy mixture - then add the reserved crumbs.

borrowing a picture from taste of home... :rolleyes1
exps37583_SD1115455D16A.jpg

Recipe from taste of home to go with the picture... ;)
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Lemon-Crumb-Bars

Thank you so much. This is not exactly what I was looking for. The one I was looking for actually looked like the bright yellow lemon squares (if that makes any sense). But, I think that I will try these, they look really good and I have another party that I am supposed to bring dessert for in 2 weeks. I will let you know how they come out. Thanks again. Jenny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter