Help! I need a recipe for Lemon Squares

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by jrnunzio3, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jrnunzio3

jrnunzio3 DIS Veteran

Hi all,
    I am looking for a recipe for Lemon Squares. I lost my recipe. I know that I used to make it in a Jelly Roll pan. The recipe did not have coconut, but did have a crumb type of topping. I need to make this for a baby shower for someone at work. Can anyone help me? I did look at all of the recipes on www.allrecipes.com but none of them matched what I am looking for.
    Thanks,
    Jenny

2. ilovehuhu

ilovehuhu Mouseketeer

Have you ever tried the book Everyday Food? Hope it is helpful for u.

3. mel63

mel63 Mouseketeer

Could this be it?:confused3

LEMON CRUMB BARS

15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan, greased. Oven at 350 degrees.

PART I:
    1 (18 1/4 oz.) pkg. lemon cake mix
    1/4 lb. butter, softened
    1 egg
    2 c. FINELY crushed saltine crackers (1/4 lb.)

Preheat oven. In large bowl - combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg, mix well (mixture will be crumbly). Stir in saltine crumbs. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 15 x 10 inch pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes (watch closely according to your oven).

PART II:
    In 4 cup measure or small bowl combine:

1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk (not evaporated)
    3 egg yolks
    1/2 c. lemon juice
    Yellow food coloring (optional)

Mix well. Spread evenly over prepared crust. Note below - top with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until firm. Cool. Cut into bars or small squares. Store covered at room temperature.

For those who like coconut - approximately 1/2 cup may be sprinkled over the creamy mixture - then add the reserved crumbs.

borrowing a picture from taste of home... :rolleyes1
    [​IMG]
    Recipe from taste of home to go with the picture... ;)
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Lemon-Crumb-Bars

4. jrnunzio3

jrnunzio3 DIS Veteran

Thank you so much. This is not exactly what I was looking for. The one I was looking for actually looked like the bright yellow lemon squares (if that makes any sense). But, I think that I will try these, they look really good and I have another party that I am supposed to bring dessert for in 2 weeks. I will let you know how they come out. Thanks again. Jenny