Help i lost all of my repo cruise pics

turtle51

Disney Fanatic
Please help anyone. I was on the Aug repo and before I got to upload all of my pics to shutterfly.com my hard drive crashed. Please if you have any generic pictures that you would be willing to share with me I would so greatly appreactiate it. im me to let me know. Thank you so much.

turtle51 said:
Please help anyone. I was on the Aug repo and before I got to upload all of my pics to shutterfly.com my hard drive crashed. Please if you have any generic pictures that you would be willing to share with me I would so greatly appreactiate it. im me to let me know. Thank you so much.

Send me your address and I'll be happy to send you a CD with all my generic photos.

Tracy

I second winotracy's recommendation. I can send you a cd also. Just pm me with your address and I'll put a cd together. What a terrible thing! I'd be happy to help. My sis and I took 2,600 pics on the repo! We're major scrapbookers so it comes naturally! I know I've got tons of trip pictures and a lot of them are scenic/generic.

Do you still have your memory card. Sometimes you can go online and do a search for a site that will help you recovery pictures from your card. Normally theses sites will let you see what you can recover for free. Although you have deleted or reformated your card alot of times it is still in the memory. I suggest you do a search for free recovery ware. Then pop in your card and get the free search and see if your card is still retaining any in memory. Our card froze one day and I did this...you would not beleive what all we found we thought we had cleared from the card. Then if you can find any pictures you can buy the software and get your pictures.

You can also buy recovery ware for your hard drive.

This happened to me in December and I thought I lost everything. All our family vacation photos, including 2 trips to Disney.

I took it to a local computer shop and they were able to recover all of my photos and some other stuff. Turns out my HD was only mostly dead! :)
They only charged $75, and I would've gladly paid double. I learned my lesson regarding backups. I now backup everything to DVD.

Try a local shop, they may be able to help.

holcomb-mania said:
This happened to me in December and I thought I lost everything. All our family vacation photos, including 2 trips to Disney.

I took it to a local computer shop and they were able to recover all of my photos and some other stuff. Turns out my HD was only mostly dead! :)
They only charged $75, and I would've gladly paid double. I learned my lesson regarding backups. I now backup everything to DVD.

Try a local shop, they may be able to help.

local shops can only help if you have not cleaned your memory card....recovery ware will help reguard less. You can buy this at a local camera store but why do it until you know you can recover some pictures.

My problem had nothing to do with the camera's memory card. All of my pics were on the hard drive of my computer, which crashed, like the OP stated was their problem, too.

Sometimes, but it's not foolproof, it can be recovered. But I couldn't load any recovery software because the drive was inoperable, and I didn't have a second computer to hook it up to. My recommendation of a local computer shop was to contrast that against something like a Best Buy.

I understand what you are saying that it is the hard drive that has crashed or was the problem, but I am saying you can take the memory card that had those pictures on it even if you have formated and deleted the pictures and run this software on ANY computer and you MIGHT get lucky enough to get the pictures back. Then you own the software and do not have to go to a camera store again, you would then be able to do it from home when your computer is up and working or you have a new one. It was a suggestion to help save pictures and save money. I did the same thing you did and went to a camera store. They could not read all of my card, but suggested for me to purchase the software I was talking about. That is how I found out if you save to your hard drive and then lose it for one reason or another you might still have a way of getting the pictures back via your memory card. Once again I say you do not have to use your own computer. The gentleman that helped me at the camera store suggested for me to buy the software reguardless of the machine reading my card. I have found this has been a wonderful help to me. I have been able to go back and find many pictures on various memory cards I have. It is very nice to have it at home and use it without having to go a store. It also has saved me alot of money.

This is what happened to us. When I did the free download there were several pcitures that I had deleted from the card prior to going to WDW. I thought I had lost my entire WDW trip pictures but once I did the recovery I got those pictures and our last vacation's pictures back. I then purchased the software and was able to get my picture on a CD. Yes I had the use of my computer but you do not have to use your own computer. And if the camera store can not help you, you can purchase this software and run it on your new or fixed computer and still might be able to save some pictures.

I not only lost my camera, but I also lost my precious memory sticks with all the photos from the Aug repo cruise as well. So I have only photos which I purchased. Thank goodness I listened to DH and bought quite a few. If anyone can help me, too, I would be so grateful.

Thanks so much!

Phyllis

zellda said:
I not only lost my camera, but I also lost my precious memory sticks with all the photos from the Aug repo cruise as well. So I have only photos which I purchased. Thank goodness I listened to DH and bought quite a few. If anyone can help me, too, I would be so grateful.

Thanks so much!

Phyllis

Send me a PM or e-mail with your address and I can help you too.

Tracy

DISers are just the best!!! :) I was lucky to have a backup when our camera was stolen at in Orlando the first day we were there in June. It was a lower MP but better than nothing. We only had pictures of the trainride down to Orlando on the card...but it was a 1GB! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter