HELP! i have a Storey Lake reservation BUT the current reviews suck

ado121

DIS Veteran
we are a family of 8 with 4 teens, 2 seniors and 2 parents. i made and pre paid (does have cancellation policy still current) for a 5 bed 5 bath home in storey lake. the home has a game room (imprtant) and a pool and enough room for all of us BUT the current reviews of the home are horrible. location seems ideal but now im second guessing my choice and there isnt much inventory left for the dates we need.

any suggestions for other resorts similar in style to storey lake? i love a lazy river.

we are visiting wdw and universal and will have a rental car.

thanks everyone.

Just looked up Storey Lake on Google Earth & it looks good.

Near to everything & shops and you have a car

I would stick with your booking And FORGET the Reviews ( Mostly Disgruntled guests anyway )

Are the reviews describing legit things like the cleanliness of the home or broken things not being repaired? When we rented homes on VRBP and Airbnb, we noticed the non-5* reviews described stupid things like poor weather (like that's somehow the home's fault??), or the heater in the pool not working or the water in the pool and hot tub being too warm (in a house in Florida in AUGUST...and also...HOT tub). If the reviews describe things like legit busted things, that's different.

Yea not nearly enough information here. To even start forming an opinion We would need access to the reviews at minimum,

The negative comments are things like dirty (couch so much so that people refused to sit on it, cigarette burn marks (we don’t smoke so I’m worried about smell), incredibly strict rules (so much so that guests were afraid to turn the heat on when they were cold).

There are some positive reviews so I’m gonna re read those to reassure myself. The resort itself looks Beautiful so I’m gonna stay wiith my reservation.
Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter