Help i don't know which resort to pick!!!

jennlovestom

Earning My Ears
I want to stay at a deluxe resort but I need some help picking!!! All ideas and comments( good and bad) are welcome.

I love the WL. It's still reasonably priced for a delux resort and it's absolutely beautiful. So relaxing!

I love the Beach Club. It has a very relaxing feel about it. There is wonderful soft music that they pipe in, it makes you feel like you are inside some sort of commercial, everything is just perfect! The location can't be beat. You can easily walk to both Epcot and MGM. There are also SEVERAL dining options available within a short walking distance. The World Showcase, The Boardwalk, The Swan, The Dolphin, and of course the Beach Club itsself all have great restaurants.

We love going to Beaches and Cream for lunch. I like to wake up early and walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfest. I think it is just a wonderful hotel.

Also if you like swimming the pool is amazing. It is like a mini water park. Each of the deluxes have their pros and cons. Some people like to be on the Monorail track for instance. I prefer the laid back Beach Club. I haven't been there, but I would imagine the Yatch Club is similar, but with a more upscale feel.

Some people get frusterated with the bus service at the Epcot resorts (I am one of these people). I just improvise. The buses stop at the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yatch Club in addition to the beach Club, so it can take awhile. On the return trip I just get off at the first stop and walk to the resort. It isn't a long walk, and I would rather walk than ride the bus, but that is just me.

Good luck, you will love whichever hotel you choose!

My husband, daughter, granddaughter and I spent our first trip to the world in May at the Contemporary, tower room with MK view. It was expensive but wonderful!!! I would highly recommend it. I have no other resorts to compare it to since this was our first trip but I can recommend the Contemporary.

IMO if you're going to spend a lot of time at MK choose one of the deluxe's on the monorail. So convenient. :love:

I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever hotel you choose.

OP - maybe you can give us alittle info about your needs/plans and the people in your party. Each deluxe has it's pros and cons. Depending upon what is important to you and your touring plans (ex: love to go to Epcot), all of the deluxe resorts have something to offer that is unique. Also let us know when you are planning on going b/c that can make a difference for hotel choice.

As for my favorite, I have stayed in every deluxe except GF and would go back to stay in everyone again. It would depend on who/when I was going with! Sorry to be so vague.

Here's a good site (if you haven't already been to it). It has pictures of each resort on property. I've linked you to the accomodations page. From there, scroll down the left-hand side until you find the Deluxe Resorts link.

Also, this would make a great poll question. List each of the resorts you're interested in the poll. You'll get alot of folks to vote that won't otherwise post...which gives you a better sample of opinions.

Most of your decision will come to theme and location. Do you like the South Pacific, then you would like the Polynesian, more into New England seashore maybe the Yacht and Beach Club would be more to your liking. Have young kids you might want to focus your attention on the Magic Kingdom area. You will get as many opinions as there are hotels in WDW which is what makes it great there is something for every taste.

We really liked GF and AKL. GF was really nice and had really good food, its spacious, quiet, and its on the monorail. AKL was spacious, quiet, the animals were cool, and it was very relaxing. My only complaint about AKL was the lack of food options (but its a deluxe so its expected) and it was so far away from everything except AK, otherwise it was perfect.

We absolutely LOVED the Poly Lagoon view. It's so expensive, but at the time we booked it was when they were offerring the 4 nights for the price of 7 and it was GREAT!

We've stayed at the Contemporary twice, and I must say with young children this was great. We loved being close enough to the MK to walk there every day and not have to fight the crowds on the monorail after closing. I think with small children, this would be the ideal place because of it's proximity to MK.

We've also stayed at Boardwalk though, and loved it. That was nice for the ability to walk to EPCOT or take a boat to EPCOT or MGM, the food options including the ice cream and candy shop right there were wonderful too.

It's a tough decision, but I'm sure you will be happy with any of these!

We loved the BoardWalk Villas (although Home Away From Home, not Deluxe). Hint: rent DVC points. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter