Help! I don't know where to stay!

Spanky2

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am planning our first trip to WDW for Sept 2010. We are a family of 5, me, husband, kids will be 9, 7 and 5.

I can't decided between the Carribean, which is my first choice among the moderate value resorts, or Animal Kingdom Lodge, which seems to be the lowest priced of the deluxe resorts.

I want a spectacular pool, but is location more important (I have little patience and I'm worried about constantly having to wait for a bus).

Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am planning our first trip to WDW for Sept 2010. We are a family of 5, me, husband, kids will be 9, 7 and 5.

I can't decided between the Carribean, which is my first choice among the moderate value resorts, or Animal Kingdom Lodge, which seems to be the lowest priced of the deluxe resorts.

I want a spectacular pool, but is location more important (I have little patience and I'm worried about constantly having to wait for a bus).

Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks!

The only moderate that sleeps five is Port Orleans, Alligator Bayou section which sleeps 5 because of the trundle bed and the Cabins at Fort Wilderness.

All Star Music has a suite that can fit 5.

The only other option is to book a 1 Bedroom Villa at one of the Deluxe Villas. Or book two rooms.

Hi, its fun making plans!!!!! We are also a family of 5. If you stay at CBR you will need 2 rooms. 4 is the total in a room. The pool is great! The quiet pools are good to swim and relax at. The beach is also a great place to spend a little time. We stayed there May/09! If you want 1 room for all 5 then you should visit the Walt Disney resort site and click on a group of 5. It will list all of the choices for a family of 5! We have styed at FW cabins you can have 5 in one cabin! CR also has 1 room for 5. I know there are others as well! Have fun planning!:goodvibes

For families of 5 POR Alligator Bayou section is the only moderate that can sleep 5. They have a trundle bed in the rooms.
If you want to go to another moderate you'd have to book 2 rooms adjoining.
Some of the deluxe resorts sleep 5, 2 queen beds + a day bed- CR, Poly, GF, BC/YC and Boardwalk.
WL or AKL just sleep 4, unless you get a very pricy deluxe room.
If the Deluxe options, the CR-Garden Wing is prob. the least expensive option.
The other option would be the Cabins in Ft. Wilderness.
Good luck!

If you have to get two rooms at CBR I would book a room at a deluxe resort like BC which sleeps 5. You will have access to the best pool on Disney property and you can walk to EPCOT and take the ferry to DHS.

Many Dis-ers are far more knowledgeable about such matters pertaining to # of people in a room. I would only submit that being crammed into a room with one bathroom and everyone sleeping in the same area is far from ideal.
Please consider everyday conveniences when booking your trip. :earsboy:

If you have to get two rooms at CBR I would book a room at a deluxe resort like BC which sleeps 5. You will have access to the best pool on Disney property and you can walk to EPCOT and take the ferry to DHS.

Good recommendation. I would also suggest the Polynesian which has a pull out for the 5th person and easy access to both MK and Epcot with the monorail.

Yup... unfortunately having more than 2 kids doesn't work out so well at Disney, unless of course one of those kids is under 3.

Since you're going during Value season at least the rooms will be as inexpensive as they get all year.

Prices start at (for rooms that sleep at least 5):
A Family Suite at AS-Music : $184 (520 sq.ft)
Port Orleans - Alligator Bayou: $149 (340sq.ft)
Ft. Wilderness Cabin - $265 (504sq. ft)
2 Rooms Value Resort - $82x2 = $164 (520sq.ft)
2 Rooms Moderate - $149x2 = $298 (680sq.ft)

Animal Kingdom Lodge - $735
Beach Club/Yacht Club - $335 (380sq.ft)
Boardwalk Inn - $335
Contemporary - $280
Grand Floridian - $399
Polynesian - $355
Wilderness Lodge - $525

Staying Deluxe would be more expensive, but the location is ideal. However, it may not be pleasant to be in a room with 4 others. The rooms aren't large, and they lack storage space.
Shades of Green is also an inexpensive option if you're military affiliated.

I tried to find room size information, but couldn't find some.
Anyways... the Contemporary is the only Deluxe hotel that would be less expensive than getting two standard rooms at a Moderate.
Two rooms at a Value Resort or a Family Suite would be the least expensive option overall, with a Cabin at Ft. Wilderness coming in second.

The Beach Club and Yacht Club have the coolest pool, though all the Deluxes have really cool pools except the Contemporary in my opinion.

None of the regular rooms at the Animal Kingdom Lodge can sleep 5 people, so you'll pay quite a bit to stay there.

Yup... unfortunately having more than 2 kids doesn't work out so well at Disney, unless of course one of those kids is under 3.

Since you're going during Value season at least the rooms will be as inexpensive as they get all year.

Prices start at (for rooms that sleep at least 5):
A Family Suite at AS-Music : $184 (520 sq.ft)
Port Orleans - Alligator Bayou: $149 (340sq.ft)
Ft. Wilderness Cabin - $265 (504sq. ft)
2 Rooms Value Resort - $82x2 = $164 (520sq.ft)
2 Rooms Moderate - $149x2 = $298 (680sq.ft)

Animal Kingdom Lodge - $735
Beach Club/Yacht Club - $335 (380sq.ft)
Boardwalk Inn - $335
Contemporary - $280
Grand Floridian - $399
Polynesian - $355
Wilderness Lodge - $525

Staying Deluxe would be more expensive, but the location is ideal. However, it may not be pleasant to be in a room with 4 others. The rooms aren't large, and they lack storage space.
Shades of Green is also an inexpensive option if you're military affiliated.

I tried to find room size information, but couldn't find some.
Anyways... the Contemporary is the only Deluxe hotel that would be less expensive than getting two standard rooms at a Moderate.
Two rooms at a Value Resort or a Family Suite would be the least expensive option overall, with a Cabin at Ft. Wilderness coming in second.

The Beach Club and Yacht Club have the coolest pool, though all the Deluxes have really cool pools except the Contemporary in my opinion.

None of the regular rooms at the Animal Kingdom Lodge can sleep 5 people, so you'll pay quite a bit to stay there.

We've stayed at the Poly, BC, YC and GF with five in a room with no problem at all! In fact BC and YC had lots of drawer and closet space and the Poly room is huge. The transportation convenience, indoor corridors, better themed pools and access to ts restaurants definitely tips the scale for me.

We just got back on Thursday and stayed at both OKW and SS. I'd have to say that on our next trip, I'd just stay at OKW. Our suite was near the Hospitality House and on the third floor. When we looked out the window, it felt like we were in a tree house! The staff was pleasant and helpful (except for one woman at the bell station, but that's another story)

Both resorts are huge, but OKW felt smaller to me. When we rode the busses between parks the SS busses were often standing room only, which the OKW busses were not.

I really did like SS, but OKW would be my future choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter