Help!!! I can't burp.

OP, I'm the same.

I have never burped IN MY LIFE! Not once! I'm just not capable, and I've tried all the little "helpful" tips & tricks people have tried to impose on me.

It gets darn right painful at times. And I can't stand the bloating.

If I'm really miserable, I admit, I'll stick my finger down my throat. Not to vomit, but to let some "air" out and get a little relief from the pressure. It's the only way I know how... :(

Same here. If It gets bad enough, I have to try to puke to make myself burp, I then let out a huge burp and feel fine!

OP, I'm the same.

I have never burped IN MY LIFE! Not once! I'm just not capable, and I've tried all the little "helpful" tips & tricks people have tried to impose on me.

It gets darn right painful at times. And I can't stand the bloating.

If I'm really miserable, I admit, I'll stick my finger down my throat. Not to vomit, but to let some "air" out and get a little relief from the pressure. It's the only way I know how... :(

Same here. If It gets bad enough, I have to try to puke to make myself burp, I then let out a huge burp and feel fine!

Yeah I know what you're saying. That's about the only time I've ever burped is when I wretch before I vomit. I've been reading about a condition called the ring of schatzki. Part of me really wants to pursue trying to fix the problem(if there is a fix) and part of me is scared that maybe something would go wrong and I'd be burping all the time uncontrollably. I will be talking to someone soon. If I hear any promising news I'll let you know.

I have no problem releasing pent up gas. :rolleyes1 :rotfl: I also recommend Gas X. There are times that my belly gets so swollen that I can't even bend. I take Gax X and viola!

Yeah I know what you're saying. That's about the only time I've ever burped is when I wretch before I vomit. I've been reading about a condition called the ring of schatzki. Part of me really wants to pursue trying to fix the problem(if there is a fix) and part of me is scared that maybe something would go wrong and I'd be burping all the time uncontrollably. I will be talking to someone soon. If I hear any promising news I'll let you know.

Yes! Please please let us know if you find out anything!

I have no problem releasing pent up gas. :rolleyes1 :rotfl: I also recommend Gas X. There are times that my belly gets so swollen that I can't even bend. I take Gax X and viola!

Uhhhh, I definitely would not recommend that to those of us that cannot burp. We'd be in immense pain. Unless it just disappates the gas without having to release it?

Uhhhh, I definitely would not recommend that to those of us that cannot burp. We'd be in immense pain. Unless it just disappates the gas without having to release it?
Actually it does. I get what the doctor called distended stomach-trapped gas in my stomach. I bloat and can't burp either. Gas X is a God send. It also works for colic in babies or for babies who are hard to burp. Babies are given simethecone drops which is the same ingredient as Gas X.

Glad I found this thread. I have had the worst gas bubble in my side/lower back for 4 days now. It hurts to take a deep breath, laugh, cough, or move in certain ways. Now I know the recommended medication for this.:thumbsup2

Glad I found this thread. I have had the worst gas bubble in my side/lower back for 4 days now. It hurts to take a deep breath, laugh, cough, or move in certain ways. Now I know the recommended medication for this.:thumbsup2

Good luck. Hope you find relief soon.

My DD19 has a friend who is the same ... never burps. You're not alone! Sorry that I have no solutions for you.

If anything, it's a comfort to know that I'm not the only one in this world that cannot burp. People look at me crazy when I tell them I've never burped in my life, lol.

Funny story.

My 10 yo son was on a ski chair lift with another mom and she accidentally burped while sitting next to him. She politely said "excuse me" and then said, "I bet your mom burps too." He looks at her and says, "Um, no, my mom never burps!"

Poor woman. She probably felt like such a pig at that point, lol. :rotfl2:

Is there anyone here that Gas X hasn't worked for? Here's my odd situation. I went to the doctor on Wednesday because I was running a high fever (102-103) and I knew that I had a bladder infection as I have gotten those often since I was a baby. Anyway, I also had this pain in my lower back on the right side where my kidney is. I go in, they confirm the bladder infection and say that my back pain is probably because it is progressed into my kidney and the pain should go away by Friday. Well, yesterday, I developed a gas bubble on my lower right side. I took some Gas X before bed. When I woke up, it was gone, but the pain in my kidney is even greater but it hurts when I take a deep breath, just like the gas bubble did. I took another Gas X and nothing has happened. I still have a lot of pain and I am wondering if it is a gas bubble or kidney pain. They said that if my kidney was still hurting, I needed to go back in on Saturday, but it will be really embarrassing to go in and them to tell me that I just need a good healthy fart.

And yes, I know I shouldn't come to the Dis for medical advice. I'm just wondering if Gas X always works. If it does, I clearly need to see a doctor. If it doesn't work for a lot of people, I will try something else before potentially embarrassing myself at the doctor.

Is there anyone here that Gas X hasn't worked for? Here's my odd situation. I went to the doctor on Wednesday because I was running a high fever (102-103) and I knew that I had a bladder infection as I have gotten those often since I was a baby. Anyway, I also had this pain in my lower back on the right side where my kidney is. I go in, they confirm the bladder infection and say that my back pain is probably because it is progressed into my kidney and the pain should go away by Friday. Well, yesterday, I developed a gas bubble on my lower right side. I took some Gas X before bed. When I woke up, it was gone, but the pain in my kidney is even greater but it hurts when I take a deep breath, just like the gas bubble did. I took another Gas X and nothing has happened. I still have a lot of pain and I am wondering if it is a gas bubble or kidney pain. They said that if my kidney was still hurting, I needed to go back in on Saturday, but it will be really embarrassing to go in and them to tell me that I just need a good healthy fart.

And yes, I know I shouldn't come to the Dis for medical advice. I'm just wondering if Gas X always works. If it does, I clearly need to see a doctor. If it doesn't work for a lot of people, I will try something else before potentially embarrassing myself at the doctor.

I recommend calling the doctor as that is really not normal. Sounds more like your UTI is in your kidneys now and needs to be monitored. Good luck, feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter