• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help... I am signed up for the Half-Marathon and have not started training yet.

tootsiemolly

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team</fon
I am hoping to walk the race. I am the only one walking from my family. So if any of you are going to meet that morning to walk together let me know. Last year I injured my neck watching TV while running on the treadmill. So now I have a pinched nerve between C3 and C5 (high up in my neck) My husband doesn't want me to walk. He thinks I am going to get hurt and ruin our trip. However, I think If I follow MFM. plan, that by the time I get up to the 10 mile walks I will know If I am going to be able to do the race.

Also, I want to start your no sugar challenge. I have totally fallen off the wagon.

Angee

:wave2: Welcome Angee. Good for you for setting a goal. I loved reading MFM. Most important is for you NOT to get hurt. I think that you are right about having it figured out by your long walks. Check into the Marathon training thread. Most of us there are walking the half, although we have some walk/runners and some runners, too. We're always happy to have another person trying to meet this goal!

Angee- please come and join us on the marathon training thread! There are lots of us there encouraging one another and it would be wonderful to add someone new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter