• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! How to approach topic...?

Up_Is_Down

"After all, he's a blacksmith..." "No. He's a Pira
Our wedding is this Friday :woohoo: and we are finalizing linens and seating arrangements. We have already given our final counts to the vendors and the linens need a final count tomorrow...

At work, I invited my boss and my 3 co-workers. My co-workers are coming, but my boss rsvp'ed no. All of a sudden, in the last few days or so, my boss started talking about how she is excited to see the wedding and how things have come together- she has said several other things like this that make it sound like she is planning on going now... :headache:

I am fairly new to this job (8 months) so I don't know her that well. How can I approach this topic without making it awkward...? I don't want her to feel like she is not welcome, but she said she wasn't coming so we don't have a spot for her as of right now... :sad2:

Hmm, that is a tough one. If you could find a way to squeeze her in I'd say something like "Oh, you can make it after all?" and then go from there. If you cannot squeeze her in then you need to address it ASAP. I'd say something like "I wish you could have made it, I'll be sure to bring in pictures so you can see how the day turned out". Is it possible that maybe she is just talking about seeing pictures of the day after the fact?

Hmm, that is a tough one. If you could find a way to squeeze her in I'd say something like "Oh, you can make it after all?" and then go from there. If you cannot squeeze her in then you need to address it ASAP. I'd say something like "I wish you could have made it, I'll be sure to bring in pictures so you can see how the day turned out". Is it possible that maybe she is just talking about seeing pictures of the day after the fact?

I thought she meant pictures too, but then at work the other day I overheard her talking to one of my co-workers about how that weekend is busy because she has a family party, my wedding and then she is going up north... I don't remember her exact words... I am wondering if she just means she will be at the ceremony but I want to be prepared if she shows up to the reception... ugh! :sad2:

I am sure you can find a place for her during the wedding. These things happen all the time. A few years ago, one of my friends showed up uninvited to our mutual friend's wedding. At first the bride was furious, but her mother told her that at least it was someone whe knew and not some complete stranger. People who said they were going to come might not show up. People who said they weren't going to make it will. my advice is to be gracious and have a great time! Best wishes on your up coming marriage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter