Help! How do you make dingy whites bright again

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by msim, May 3, 2005.

1. msim

msim <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

without damaging the colored emblems that are sewn on to the shirts? I have old rusty pipes and my whites look cream now. Does anyone have any guaranteed but safe ideas? Thanks in advance!!! :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. robyn323

robyn323 Mouseketeer

I love BIZ color safe bleach. It works wonders on my DH socks and t shirts that he gets filthy! It also brought back the white on one of my old white shirts that hung in the closet forever turned yellow. Good luck.

4. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

I soak the clothes in hot water and oxyclean for a while before running the machine. I have good luck with it.

5. ajksmom

ajksmom DIS Veteran

2nd vote for oxi-clean here. Doesn't fade out the stuff on my DS's t-shirts at all.

6. FantasticDisFamily

FantasticDisFamily <font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c

The Oxy-Clean stuff is good. Another option is the Color safe bleach - I swear by Clorox 2. Just ran a load of men's dress shirts and women's blouses that were crusty with stage makeup with that on a cold wash and they came out without a smudge left and nice and white.

Deb

7. pattyT

pattyT DIS Veteran

My mother in law SWEARS by using cascade in the laundry to make whites white again (she used it for years when her kids played softball/baseball so I believe her)
    I just keep forgetting to buy some!

8. msim

msim <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Thanks for the great answers. Just one more question- how much oxy-clean, Biz, Cascade, etc., do I use to how many parts water? Thanks again! :cool1:

9. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

I usually use more OxyClean than it calls for on the instructions (2-3 capfuls per load). The soaking in hot water part is important and I even run the machine for a minute a couple of times while they're soaking to really get it into the clothes.

I also like OxyClean for organic stains. I can almost always get them out if I keep working it. I get so frustrated with stains on the kids clothes especially. :)