• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Hotel Overbooked...no place to stay

I would recommend that one person get the power pass. (or upgrade to it for one person)

Because I got the preferred but the preferred doesn't give you the 10%-20% discounts at all the restaurants at Universal and City Walk and all the stores. After a while you realize that it adds up and kind of pays for itself.

*You also get free parking with the Power Pass

You get free parking at the parks. If you are staying at the hotels, you don't get free parking there.

If I am reading the website correctly, the power pass does not include the discounted purchases but the preferred pass does.
Keep in mind that just a little math might be helpful. From Universal's website, the seasonal pass is $349, and the Preferred pass is $449. To make back the extra $100 to upgrade, you would need to spend $1,000 (assuming 10% discount). Depending on the number of people in your party and how many days you will be there, that might not happen. Just something to keep in mind.

If I am reading the website correctly, the power pass does not include the discounted purchases but the preferred pass does.
Keep in mind that just a little math might be helpful. From Universal's website, the seasonal pass is $349, and the Preferred pass is $449. To make back the extra $100 to upgrade, you would need to spend $1,000 (assuming 10% discount). Depending on the number of people in your party and how many days you will be there, that might not happen. Just something to keep in mind.

If you compare Power to Preferred then difference is only $50. So $500 for 10% discount.

Seasonal Passholders now have access to Mannheim Steamroller performances.

Well, that's new. I wonder how I missed that.

To throw another idea out there - I'm not sure how many people you have on this trip, but have you looked at tickets for the Orlando Informer meet-up instead of purchasing Express Passes? It is an after hours event with low wait times and "free" food and tickets are still available for Friday, 12/3. AND if you buy tickets, you can get in on the group rate for the hotel. We are attending our first meet-up in November and it looks like a lot of fun. Obviously if you have a large group, it might not be cost effective, and it would only be for one night instead of the day, but it is something to consider.

Wow...so many suggestions. It's just DH and I. We are flying in from WA state and won't have a car, so parking is a non-issue. Since we are coming from so far away, it's likely that we won't be coming again in the next year, so I'm not too worried about block out dates (other than the dates of our trip, of course).

Wow...so many suggestions. It's just DH and I. We are flying in from WA state and won't have a car, so parking is a non-issue. Since we are coming from so far away, it's likely that we won't be coming again in the next year, so I'm not too worried about block out dates (other than the dates of our trip, of course).
The seasonal pass might make the most sense for you then. My wife and I go typically from Sunday - Thursday and have never been able to justify spending the extra money on the higher season tickets. We usually get the seasonal once we conform our dates aren't blocked out and never have an issue. The cost of the seasonal pass over the day tickets is easily justified by the discount rates at the hotels. Plus, then it means we can squeeze a couple of trips in.

@sandam1, you missed it because the official website still states that all concert dates are blocked for Seasonal. Nothing there about a Mannheim exception.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/blockout-dates
The post # 38 quote is from the official website in the AP section/ holiday offers. It's hard to find, scroll down to Know Before You Go.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/holiday-offers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter