HELP!!!!! Holiday Inn Sunspree!!!!!!!!!

crusin'minnie

Mouseketeer
I have reservations for HI Sunspree for June (5 nights @ $106/night). We chose this hotel because its close to disney, kids eat free, mini kitchenette and very important the free kids program. Now I'm reading on these boards some horror stories.
Please anyone who has stayed there-give me your opinion!
Also does anyone else know of a better place in the same price range that offers the kids program?

The HIFS want $154/night no kids program.

I'd appreciate any help.

All I'd like to say is that I think HIFS is totally worth $155/night. We didn't participate, but I understand they have bingo and karioke (sorry, can't spell that one!), and some activities at the pool. We had a wonderful time (and so did the kids) without even participating in anything extra.

I like to research things(sometimes to death) and I found a website that has great rates for HIFS.The website is:
http://www.2000floridatravel.com/FT-2.asp?hotel=183
This will bring you right to the HIFS page. I looked at the rates for your dates, It is going for $104 a night. Before you book, check out the cancelation policy at the main page. Hope this helps!!! :)

All Star Sports Oct 2000
HIFS Feb 2001
HIFS & BW Sept 2001

We stayed there in Oct 98" and loved it,i have four kids and the little ones loved the daycare camp ,that they didn't want to leave the girls in there were great with them!! ,they were 4 and 6 at the time and my oldest was 12 loved the bingo and karakoe,we won alot of stuff playing bingo .
I highly recommend it for families,our room was a kids suite and we were treated great! if you have anymore questions let me know,

We are leaving for Florida on January 13th, YEAH!
We will be staying at both the Sunspree and at HIFS, we will post a comment on the accommodations board when we get back, after the 29th, & let you know what we thought of both places. :cool:

We stayed there 2 years ago for several nights and found the accomodations to be quite adequate for our needs. The pool are was lush and tropical with a large pool and I believe a whirlpool also. The mini cafeteria was suitable for our dining needs as we don't rely on eating every meal in house. they had an arcade with computers also. Our only complaint was the Disney shuttle was a snail. At the end of a long day with a 2 & 3 year old you don't enjoy waiting almost 2 hours in the WDW parking lot for the bus. Another couple would not wait any longer and called a cab and gave the hotel the bill. Friends of ours stayed there last Nov. for $79.00 for the family suite and thoroughly enjoyed it also. Have a great time! :)

We liked the Sunspree.. stayed there a couple years ago.

We had a kid's suite right next to the pool. I recommend this.

I think if you can get the HIFS for the rate posted above, you should try it. It's just a newer hotel.

I think you will enjoy either location.

We stayed there a couple of years ago and liked it fine. My daughter really liked the kids program (if you're a Priority Club member, they'll lend you a free beeper). With PC you also get a free room upgrade (we went from the standard room to a suite). Try not to request poolside unless you don't mind late nights. We were on the 3rd floor and could hear them until at least midnight every night. They didn't have the free breakfast buffet, but they did have the kids eat free program. Also, I kept checking rates and kept lowering my rate (from $129 down to $89). Always check for any manager's specials. The Orlando Magicard gets a discount. Sometimes the Priority Club helps. I'd also check HI online.

Thank you all for your input. Wendal- I can't wait to read your trip report!! The HIFS sound great and I called them, but no child care, let alone complimentary, and the rate was almost as much as one of the moderates on site. If anyone else has any recent info on the Sunspree, especially the kids program, I'd really appreciate it.

My wife, three kids and I stayed there for 1 night in November of 1999. We found the hotel a little dirty, especialy the little refrigerator. The food service was very slow and not very good. On a 5 star scale, I'd rate it 2 stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter