HELP HELP HELP!!! Making my own Iron on Tee's

libinatorsmom

DIS Veteran
I got a great last minuete idea for gifts for my two - VERY HARD to buy for brothers - I am going to make them each a custom Tee and thought I can do an Iron on Transfer from the computer - but I need some Tips and I know alot of my DIS friends do these.... So I need some help.. I am going shopping tommrow (Wednesday) So I can pick Everything up for them... Obviously I need some inexpensive tees (I am looking for Grey probably or ??? not white) and then the iron on transfer paper (whats the best and where do I get it)

Luckily we dont have fmaily Christmas until the 31st! But I really need and want to get these done as its going to be a crazy few days with all the Family Activites!!!! so HELP!!!

I did these for my youngest son's birthday party. My mother in law attempted something once using the Hanes brand papers, these smeared and didn't work out well. I bought the Avery ones, I think from Sam's, and they worked with great results. You need to look for the ones that work on darker tshirts. I found the tshirts pretty cheap and they were good t's also, at Michael's. Make sure when you prepare the picture, before you print it, make sure it is backwards. When it prints it needs to be that way, so that when you iron it on it will be right.

I second looking for the kind that is made for on dark shirts. DO read the directions, though, because the dark ones that I've used call for printing normal (not backwards), which is different than what Dawson5 has experienced, so just be sure that you follow the directions for whatever brand you end up with. I've used ones off of eBay and ones from maybe Michael's or AC Moore by the name of Printworks. AC Moore or Michaels will also have an array of colored tees that are inexpensive. I'd also recommend washing them first before ironing on the transfers.

I was just looking for this same info today. Do a quick search for t-shirts here on the Dis. There was a really helpful thread that talked you through the steps and gave you tips on what NOT to do. I'd reference it for you, but I'm in the middle of something and can't stop to search.

Google the directions for using freezer paper stencils. We use this method and it turns out great!

I also used the Avery from Walmart. Be sure to trim the design well. I ended up having to vary from the instructions though-I had to keep my iron moving over the whole design-first ones didn't turn out too well and you could see the iron vent marks-after that I kept it moving and they turned out great

Thanks for the Great help everyone - off to brave the stores today!!!! Hopefully I can find what I need to make these work!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter