• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help gift ideas for a 6 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy

How much do you want to spend?

Barbie is a good choice for a girl and for boys matchbox or hot wheels are a good idea. Or a remote control vehicle.

6yr old.....anything Princess or Littlest Pet Shop

10yr old.....a bit harder.....I'd go for new basketball or Nerf toy/gun

10yr old.....a bit harder.....I'd go for new basketball or Nerf toy/gun

ITA about the Nerf gun. If my DS10 didn't already have every Nerf gun on the market, he would be asking for one.

Oh, but he has asked for (and is getting for Xmas) the Nerf gun w/ game for the Wii.

sorry an amount would have been nice to give you :lmao: about $50 for each kid this is for my neice and nephew :goodvibes

my DD10 has many friends who are boys and they said Tech Decks, legos, nerf guns and video games. Some also love comic books. (mainly due to the huge number of comic book movies that have been out lately

lara

my DD10 has many friends who are boys and they said Tech Decks, legos, nerf guns and video games. Some also love comic books. (mainly due to the huge number of comic book movies that have been out lately

lara

My ds is 10 and I have to agree Lego (he loves Bionicles) and Nerf are at the top of his list along with video games. I am giving the kids a Wii as a family gift so I bought the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga for the Wii for him, which I know he will abosolutely love. He also likes Transformers and some Star Wars stuff.

My niece is 5 1/2 (close to 6) and we got her a 25th anniversary Cabbage Patch kid, a Littlest Pet Shop gift set, and a Bratz doll. She asked her mom for Lucky the Wonder Pup and the LeapFrog Tag system. I also know she loves Hannah Montana.

My dd just turned 7 last week. She is into Webkinz, Hannah Montana, High School Musical and art. She is, unfortunately, past the princess stage.

One thing she asked for for Christmas is a Cupcake Maker. These are around the $20-30 range - I think I saw them on amazon on sale. A friend received one as a birthday gift and it was a huge hit w/ all the 7 yr old girls.

Another thing that I bought her (for her birthday) was a Write and Illustrate your own story book. I bought it at Target and it had 1 large hard bound book & 1 smaller hard bound book - that they write a story and draw/color a picture for it.

10 yr old boy is harder for me but a video game if he has a system would probably be a big hit.

For the 10 year old, my ds10 loves legos, nerf guns, and video games. As much as he loved the hot wheels/matchbox cars when he was little, 10 year olds are done with them. For the girl, littlest petshop, barbies, anything hannah montana, polly pockets...

For our nieces and nephews we do memberships to the zoo, aquarium, tickets to a show (Disney on Ice, or a Broadway show that appeals to kids), movie passes, stuff like that. This year, we won't be all together until January, so we are all saving the gifts and doing a Moms and kids day out into the city, hitting the aquarium, the Titanic exhibit, and doing lunch while we are together.

For my older nieces and nephews (high school and college) it's cash all the way.

Can I second the idea of a day with Auntie as a gift? My ds10 loves it when he gets an overnight/day visit, which includes a trip to some place fun. I would take them separately, so they really get one-on-one time with you.

My DD is 6. She loves anything Littlest Petshop, My Little Pony, and Hannah Montana. Do you have a Build-a-Bear? She loves making bears there. That might be a fun day with her aunt.

what about something they can use instead of paly with for example for the 6 year old girl get her a bead kit or craft kits , there is also your own build a bear thing out there oh if she is into hannah or high school musical how about a diary or stationary set with this stuff, for the boy lego city seems to be a big hit also car building kits like models or wood craft kits to make different trucks, if he is into science then some type of potion kit like chemestry.
good luck

My DD 6 is also past the princess stage, apparently all the 1st grade girls say princesses are "so kindergarten". She loves High School Musical and Hannah Montana. I second the Cabbage Patch Kid or Lucky the WonderPup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter