Help. Getting into Paris from DLP.

grad06

Mouseketeer
Hi Hope someone can help.

Carrie Cat very kindly posted the information on trains that we need to get:

From DLP you'd take the RER A to Nation and then change onto the M°9 (direction Pont de Sevres). You have 2 stops until Charonne and then it will be a 5 minute walk

Does anyone know the cost of train tickets?

Also we might need to be there for 7.30am, does anyone know what time the trains start?

Also has anyone had a taxi at this time in day into the centre of Paris and if so how much was it?

Thanks

hello :goodvibes

You can get a Mobilis ticket for 14,20€.

This will cover you from DLP to Paris, then all your travelling in Paris and back to DLP.

It's good for a day on RER, Metro and Bus

Trains start at 5.30 (ish) so you'll have no pb getting one early.

I'll come back later re taxi ;)

hello :goodvibes

You can get a Mobilis ticket for 14,20€.

This will cover you from DLP to Paris, then all your travelling in Paris and back to DLP.

It's good for a day on RER, Metro and Bus

Trains start at 5.30 (ish) so you'll have no pb getting one early.

I'll come back later re taxi ;)

Thanks so much Carrie_Cat. I am so grateful for your help.

I think part of my nervousness is that I don't speak French. Which I know is really bad but I am hopeless with languages. Happier with science stuff.

Can I get a timetable from the train station so we know which one we need to get to get to the clinic on time. Do not know the time yet as clinic have not confirmed time.

Is the tourist information kiosk in the village? If so do you think they might be able to help me with a train time table. Just worried with my French being sooooo poo!

Thank you

The travel kiosk is right outside the train station just before you step into the Disney Village. It's very easy to navigate the city from DLP, but may I make a suggestion? Once at the Arc De Triomphe you can catch the bateaubus (it's a boat on the Seine since you mentioned the language issue) and it will stop at many of the places most people want to visit. I really enjoyed it and you can get passes in different day increments (I just bought a one day, but you can get them for more). I can't remember the loop exactly but it does stop near the Arc, the Musee D'Orsay, Les Invalides, The Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame, among others (7 in all I believe if someone wants to correct me). It's a lovely alternative to the train. We got off the boat and just walked from Notre Dame to the Louvre, the then to the Opera House (actually behind it) and caught the RER back. I love walking in Paris, so it didn't bother me one bit. Bonne Chance!

You will be able to get the times at the station not from the tourist office.

When you go into the station near the ticket machines you have manned counters. This is where you should ask for the hours and buy your Mobilis pass.

They speak several languages and are used to tourists asking them questions so don't worry :goodvibes

The earliest trains are as follows

5.12 gets into Nation at 5.49
5.42 arrives at 6.19
6.07 arrives at 6.44
6.27 arrives at 7.04
etc etc

See if you can read this pdf

http://www.ratp.fr/informer/pdf/orienter/f_horaire.php?nompdf=a_jo_sgp&loc=horaires

You want to be looking at Marne la Vallée and then down the list to Nation

Re taxi - It would be well over a 100€ one way as you'd have to book a private transfer or a cab company like G7 who would come to your hotel just for you .. an ordinary taxi wouldn't be wanting to take you as he wouldn't get a fare back to DLP from Paris especially as he would be hitting rush hour after dropping you.

:)

The travel kiosk is right outside the train station just before you step into the Disney Village. It's very easy to navigate the city from DLP, but may I make a suggestion? Once at the Arc De Triomphe you can catch the bateaubus (it's a boat on the Seine since you mentioned the language issue) and it will stop at many of the places most people want to visit. I really enjoyed it and you can get passes in different day increments (I just bought a one day, but you can get them for more). I can't remember the loop exactly but it does stop near the Arc, the Musee D'Orsay, Les Invalides, The Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame, among others (7 in all I believe if someone wants to correct me). It's a lovely alternative to the train. We got off the boat and just walked from Notre Dame to the Louvre, the then to the Opera House (actually behind it) and caught the RER back. I love walking in Paris, so it didn't bother me one bit. Bonne Chance!

Thanks for this information I will give this information to the girls who are also going into Paris. I think they will enjoy this. I will be on my own as DH will be in the clinic having dialysis so I have decided to possibly just go to the Notre Dame and the Louvre.

You will be able to get the times at the station not from the tourist office.

When you go into the station near the ticket machines you have manned counters. This is where you should ask for the hours and buy your Mobilis pass.

They speak several languages and are used to tourists asking them questions so don't worry :goodvibes

The earliest trains are as follows

5.12 gets into Nation at 5.49
5.42 arrives at 6.19
6.07 arrives at 6.44
6.27 arrives at 7.04
etc etc

See if you can read this pdf

http://www.ratp.fr/informer/pdf/orienter/f_horaire.php?nompdf=a_jo_sgp&loc=horaires

You want to be looking at Marne la Vallée and then down the list to Nation

Re taxi - It would be well over a 100€ one way as you'd have to book a private transfer or a cab company like G7 who would come to your hotel just for you .. an ordinary taxi wouldn't be wanting to take you as he wouldn't get a fare back to DLP from Paris especially as he would be hitting rush hour after dropping you.

:)

Well we will not be using a taxi way too much.

Thanks for getting me the times that is so good of you.

Yes I can imagine that they have lots of tourists asking crazy questions.

I am busy copy and pasting all the advice that you give me so that I am ready and sorted for the holiday.
At this rate I will have a route planned to show them where I want to go if I get lost.

Thankyou. All help is greatly received.

Oh got letter today to say which dialysis centre we are at.

We have got to be at the clinic for 7am:scared1:
Will have to get the train that is just after 6am. OMG will have to be up early. Will not be able to watch Deams the night before.

Any advice where we might be able to get something to eat for breakfast?

Also can you get an early morning call from the hotel reception?
We are at the centre near Charonne.

Oh got letter today to say which dialysis centre we are at.

We have got to be at the clinic for 7am:scared1:
Will have to get the train that is just after 6am. OMG will have to be up early. Will not be able to watch Deams the night before.

Any advice where we might be able to get something to eat for breakfast?

Also can you get an early morning call from the hotel reception?
We are at the centre near Charonne.

At that time in the morning you'll either have to wait until you get to Paris and go to a bakery or buy something the night before that you can eat on the train.

The hotel will give you an early morning call I would have thought though it could be one that you program yourselfs on the téléphone in the room :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter