• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Getaway Today questions

cooniez

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Can you please tell me about your experience with GAT and did you find it was worth it to buy the "Peace of Mind" for $30 (in case changes needed to be made later)? TIA for your help!

We've used it in the past and have our trip planned through them in two weeks ( only for hotel ). The first time we booked, we did spend the extra money for the insurance which wasn't necessary. This time, we didn't bother because we are really pinching our pennies on this trip. I like them because of the hotel prices when we travel with 5 of us. 2 adults and 3 kids. Normally when it's just the two of us, we use Priceline.

I think a lot depends on how far out your trip is. I believe, but I could be wrong, that no matter what you can make changes or cancel your trip. They have individual fees for doing these and it's more than the peace of mind plan. I did buy the peace of mind for our tickets, because our trip was over 6 months out when I purchased them, and I really felt we shouldn't be spending that much for our vacation this year (we had the money and booked it anyway). We're getting closer to our trip, and we're still planning to go. But you never know what life will bring you during that time of booking and going. I don't think I would've purchased the plan had I booked closer to the trip. With anything, it's a risk and I think every situation will come up with a different need/reason to purchase/not purchase the plan.

Yes I can't foresee us needing to cancel...just stressing that I will need to make a change and then get dinged later with a more expensive fee. argh!

We can't find anything the night of the 27th so we may end up needing to book a SD hotel. I think they charge even if you add a hotel/night as well?

There was a thread here where people who use GAT discuss the peace of mind insurance. If it were me, I'd buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter