• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help get me excited about June in WDW

ChadsGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi all! So we were supposed to be in WDW this weekend but my daughter came down with a stomach bug the night before we were supposed to leave and we had to cancel. :guilty: Like a lot of others, throughout COVID we have canceled and rescheduled several trips.

The next available time we can go based on our schedules is the second week in June, right after school lets out here. I know that June is very hot and crowded but we'd prefer not to wait until the fall. We're early birds so we're prepared to rope drop and then maybe swim in the heat of the afternoons. And isn't WDW crowded all the time now anyway?

So my question is...for those who go often in June and like it, why do you like it/love it??? I need some positive reinforcement!

We have been in early June (1st/2nd week) two times, and plan to do so again this year. For reference, I have also been in November and December. Weather wise, I think I preferred November, however due to our schedules we are back to June.

It is hot, but completely doable. We always take midday pool breaks and come back to the parks in the evenings. Definitely take advantage of early mornings as afternoon rain showers are quite common. They tend to blow over pretty quickly however.

The crowds were not that bad IMO.

We’ve also done early June trips (around the 5th) yes it’s hot, but crowds weren’t “holiday” awful by any means. we took a lot of breaks, water, air conditioning! Enjoy!

We always go in either June or July based on our schedules. As PP have said, it's hot but not awful. We always do afternoon breaks and will take advantage of the early morning/late evening hours this year. An added bonus- Flower and Garden Festival is running through the month of June so we'll get to experience it this year as well! If you need some more ideas/support, you can always join the June 2022 thread here.

I feel you, thought we were going to go in January but some members of our party needed mid-June. Can’t wait, exciting because with life going on 4 months is fine for planning! We’ve mostly gone late June, early July or August and sometimes heat is big and sometimes not. It can vary day to day but is always fine!! The only time I really get cranky is if a bus is taking forever to pick me up on a super hot day! But we’ve learned to plan our resorts better to minimize that risk. We tend to go out to park for the morning, chill away from it mid day, then return at night. The parks are beautiful at night.
I will add to not be surprised and instead be surprised if you don’t get a afternoon or evening thunderstorms, I hate them and try to be somewhere safe when it’s coming on. But they are common that time of year

We had a great time because we were still able to catch Flower and Garden at Epcot. With some good waterproof shoes and ponchos, the rain didn’t have to slow us down. And we were willing to wait in outdoor lines while everyone else hunkered down under shelters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter