Help from those who use Hertz

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
Hi, for those folks who rent from Hertz frequently,

I am wondering what Hertz offers for intermediate cars besides the Mazda?

I am asking in general not specifically at Orlando, because I am renting in Pensacola, Fl and Lansing, Mi from Hertz this spring. I need to do a lot of driving so I need a comfortable car, but not too big. I like the full size Taurus, but we really don't need it for two people

Any comments? Thanks

BTW, neither Lansing or Pensacola airports will take any Hertz coupons, what's the deal.

herc

If they aren't taking coupons it is probably a franchise location.

Hertz also has a lot of GM cars in their fleet. I know I have gotten a Chevy as an intermediate. That car didn't work for the cases I was hauling and went back in and requested a Taurus and paid the difference.

They do have GM cars, I didn't know that.

Do you ever reserve thru the AAA site? It seems like the AAA site is higher than the regular Hertz website using AAA code.

Go figure.

Thanks,herc

I always get a midsize.

My last few cars.

Ford Mustang (twice in Atlanta and I really dislike this car!)
Tempo
Mazda 6
Chevy Classic (used to be the Malibu)
Corolla (I am not 100% sure this was a midsize, but at least it wasn't a Mustang!)
Hyundia something (can't recall name, but it was a nice car!)

Pensacola is a frachise and they don't take many coupons. Also, if you are renting over holidays the "available" coupon cars go fast!

Chevy Cavalier (worst possible option, but very common)
Toyota Corolla (OK)
Nissan Altima (best possible option, but rare)

Ok, thanks.

quite a wide selection there, LOL.

herc.

I usually check several sites when renting a car. I also try it with and without coupons. Sometimes the rate changes so you have to play around.

I don't like the GM cars so I usually ask for something else.

I am a Gold member so I don't actually have a chance to ask. For my last Mustang I considered going back in an asking for a different car, but it was late!

I would rather have a GM then the Mustang. That thing has the world's worst trunk and blind sites (and I normally drive a convertible, known for blind sites and small trunks!)

Carol, I am Gold 5 Star and I just go back in and ask for the car to be changed. You can also have it added to your profile that you don't want certain types of cars.

I'm gold,not five star, and have gone back in and changed without a problem. I would imagine it would be a problem only if they didn't have anything else.

The whole point is NOT to deal with them. Going back in to change the car defeats the entire Gold purpose (and in Atlanta the line of people with issues is always fairly long!)

Carol, I understand that. The few times I have asked for a different car I was the only one in the Gold Lounge. I travel with equipment that will fit perfectly in Ford products. So when they think they are doing me a favor by upgrading to a foreign car I have to go inside.

we rented an intermediate in late March. We had several choices- the wife chose an Olds Alero (cousin to Chevy Malibu). It was perfect for us - two adults and two small children. The trunk held two large suitcases, 1 small suitcase, and a stroller. We had a couple smaller (carry on ) bags with us in the back seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter