Help from Resort Board Moderator, Please!!!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Hi- I manage the very active Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread. It appears that the thread was locked yesterday. Looking for help in understanding why.

I know that in the past, "Jumbo threads" over 250 pages were locked when they reached that milestone. As our thread approached this mark a few months ago, I attempted to get a response from moderators by private message about what the page limit is under the current servers, but I did not receive any responses.

I know threads on other boards have exceeded this page count (SWW tricks and tips, 917 pages and counting).

I also saw the following message about maintenance last night on the boards. Does that have anything to do with us getting locked?

We are moving to new servers. The GOOD NEWS for those of you that have been around for a while is this will be nothing like the old days where that involved major changes and days of screwed up boards.
Basically there will be 2 short maintenance windows
Wednesday May 27 @ 7:30pm CST/8:30pm EST for approximately 30 minutes
Saturday May 30 @ 9pm CST/10pm EST , this migration should theoretically not involve any downtime at all however reality is we may have a few periods of downtime and some degraded performance for a few hours

Technical for those that want to geek- The first maintenance period is to replace the firewall with a higher capacity unit
The second migration period is to vmotion the virtual machines from some 3 year old Dell iron to HP DL 380's with dual 12 core (E5-2680) procs, 128 gigs of ram and a lot of fiber channel SAN goodness :)

Or is there another reason?

I can start up another thread if needed, but it would be much easier if the thread was unlocked so we can respond to some of the questions that have come in in the past day or so.

Please advise!!!

Thanks,

Natebenma (Dee)

I thought I had done something wrong when I saw I was locked from replying!!!!!

I'll check with the admins.

Just checking to see if you have heard anything yet.

I have started up a new thread for the Beach & Yacht Club resort. but I am still curious to know if it was the page count (and is it a 250 page limit, 300 or something else) or was it related to the maintenance last week (and again tonight) or something else all together.

I would like to know what happened so I can avoid having to start up a new thread without having access to the previous one as it does present some additional challenges.

Thank you,

Dee

I would love to know too! I went ahead and started a new CL thread since we were at 250 pages. But it would be helpful to know the rules. Also if we can get an updated email to contact an admin that would be great too. I sent several in regards to the signature guidelines but none of my messages were ever answered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter